Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fogrunner said:
Hey General,

Did the Lagos stuff last month. This month I have been doing some ad hoc and AMC. In the last 7 days I have done BRU-SLC (operated), SLC-ATL-CHS (commercial), CHS-MVD (operated), MVD to some place in Honduras and then on to MIA (operated). MIA-LAX with a divert into AUS (operated). Tried to commercial back from LA on Friday. The A320 I was on developed a compressor stall shortly after t/o so they returned to LA. Commercialed back to MIA yesterday. That was my week, how was yours?

Golfed on Mon, Tues, and Wed. Flew a leg to LAX on Thurs, then to JFK (Song) on Friday. Saturday went to FLL and then up to LGA(Song). Sunday flew Song again to MCO and then a mainline 767 to ATL. No MX issues, and little wx. Your week sounded tougher. Take care.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Golfed on Mon, Tues, and Wed. Flew a leg to LAX on Thurs, then to JFK (Song) on Friday. Saturday went to FLL and then up to LGA(Song). Sunday flew Song again to MCO and then a mainline 767 to ATL. No MX issues, and little wx. Your week sounded tougher. Take care.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Wow....are WE impressed with ourselves,aren't we?:rolleyes:

PHXFLYR:cool:

Fit59 said:
Gotta love it when an Airbus driver knocks a McDonnell Douglas:laugh:

Touche`,my friend..... I'm really a Boeing guy at heart,though....;) Honest,I am!

PHXFLYR:cool:

Hey Gemini guys....

I posted the same question earlier but there was no replies. I'm still wondering how this homebasing works. Do you have to line within the continental US or can you live elsewhere (IE: Alaska, London, Toronto, Nunuvit, etc). What's the stipulation? Does your local commuting airport have to have acertain level of service????

Thanks.

I will attempt to get an answer for you. We have a load master who lives in HI. He has to jump to LA for work.....

yankee22 said:
Hey Gemini guys....

I posted the same question earlier but there was no replies. I'm still wondering how this homebasing works. Do you have to line within the continental US or can you live elsewhere (IE: Alaska, London, Toronto, Nunuvit, etc). What's the stipulation? Does your local commuting airport have to have acertain level of service????

Thanks.

I would imagine Alaska would be fine as the MD11 comes through ANC on a regular basis.

yankee22 said:
Thanks fogrunner... much appreciated. See what you can do!!!!

Okay here is what I have found out from different sources.

As far as I know, The company has been pretty liberal about assigning travel cities. Though in the past foreign cities were OK at a time (e.g., I believe we had at least one pilot who lived in Singapore), I do not believe Gemini is allowing this anymore. Anchorage seems to be still OK. I don't know about Honolulu.

With regard to CONUS cities, there have to be at least three major carriers who service the city. A carrier such as Delta and its feeder COMAIR only count as one airline. Bottom line is that an individual needs to confer with the chief pilot to reassign/establish a travel city that is on the fringes so to speak.

Hope this helps. If you have an interview ask the question..

any truth to the rumor that fedex might be buying gemeni. that would be way cool for you guys.

Latest resources

Back