• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gemini Interviewing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Was told today, Gemini is calling people for interviews next week. I think it is for a January class. The 10 or the 11 I do not know.

Does that mean they are drawing from a pool or are accepting resumes? I am guessing that is the case since there is no mention of pilot positions on their website.

They are calling people from there stack of resumes that have built up. My resume was in that stack and was called.

No pool. A friend of mine was vetting resumes last week.
Congrats on the call SGU, I know you have waiting a long while.

Great experience at Gemini

Awesome folks and very interesting flying. During my 2 year tenure at Gemini I flew places I never knew had an airport. Another notch just to go somewhere else.....

So what's the word... is this true or not? Are they really hiring 54 crew memebers? I heard 777's or 747's... with a 25 aircraft fleet... and then moving into space flight with shuttles to mars and jupiter...ok last part might be a joke

So what's the word... is this true or not? Are they really hiring 54 crew memebers? I heard 777's or 747's... with a 25 aircraft fleet... and then moving into space flight with shuttles to mars and jupiter...ok last part might be a joke

I don't know the numbers. They are calling people and conducting interviews for a January class.
There are two MD11 classes scheduled for January. Transitions from the 10 and new-hires. Upwards of 20 people for the 11. I do not know if they will hire into the 10. We are short on both a/c.
I wouldn't hold out much hope for the 74s or 77s.

Thanks again for the help Fog.. Do they hire into the FE position, or are they using dedicated PFE's for that?

Sure hope the 54 pilot "rumor" is true.. would be a much needed bit of good news for the the industry.

All the FE positions are PFEs.

My pleasure. To be honest it could go either way here. So please make an informed decision. The lure of flying a heavy jet, lasts about three to six months and then, it is like any other jet you have flown. Though, it is fun to visit some of the places we go.

Last edited:
All the FE positions are PFEs.

My pleasure. To be honest it could go either way here. So please make an informed decision. The lure of flying a heavy jet, lasts about three to six months and then, it is like any other jet you have flown. Though, it is fun to visit some of the places we go.

Oh.. believe me, it's not about the jet (though I'd be lying if I said an MD-11 doesn't have some ramp prestige) for me, I'm a pay/schedule kind of guy in general. But it's about flying cargo, and more over, I like the idea of working for a small airline (pilot pool wise). I really miss the camaraderie that I had with the boys at my last airline job. It was a smallish outfit (then) and the crewroom was the best part of going to work.

Latest resources

Back