• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gaylord Entertainment, Nashville

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
how about size of aircraft that way you do not have to be too specific.

I would go with the low end of the NBAA salary range as to give yourself something to work up towards.

Lear70,

65k in 1978 for a Lear Captain......Balogna.

And it's not all "inflation". Cost of living, among many things, has a lot to do with the increase in salaries. Believe it or not, they are not one in the same. Wake up and read a text book.

Last edited:
G100driver,

You know it my friend. The PacNW is so great, I paid people to let me fly their jets until just last year. There are some really great PFT outfits up here I am applying at. With any luck, I can sign one of those well known 3-year no-compete contracts. People say I am lowering the bar, but I am looking out for me and me only.

On a lighter note, how have things gone since you came out of the closet.....doh, you DID come OUT, didn't you? I heard they were gonna put a "special" class together for you at Falcon recurrent in TTburough. Male strippers for top graduates and all.

Got you new email addy Gstringdriverathotmale.com

Sorry, couldn't resist!

G100driver said:
how about size of aircraft that way you do not have to be too specific.

I would go with the low end of the NBAA salary range as to give yourself something to work up towards.

Dude, haven't you heard? Nothing less than 85k-90k brother. We all gotta stick together. I'm on my way to talk to my boss right now and tell him how it is, I suggest you do the same. Anything else and we are lowering the bar, down right complaining about high pay rates, my friend.

Dinger said:
Lear70,

65k in 1978 for a Lear Captain......Balogna.

And it's not all "inflation". Cost of living, among many things, has a lot to do with the increase in salaries. Believe it or not, they are not one in the same. Wake up and read a text book.
Actually, to be specific, inflation, cost of living, and the consumer pricing index are all interrelated if you want to get technical about it. And yes, 65k a year.

And, to be perfectly clear, I don't give a rat's a*s if you believe me or not. For all I give a sh*t you can go pound sand, especially if you're one of those people willing to take $50k a year for a Lear job right now when I was making that almost 10 years ago.

D*mn aviation WHORES are going to RUIN what's LEFT of this industry (i.e. good corporate jobs are about the only good thing left going).

I'm pretty sure Ce-500 CA's were making $50k in IND at GTE in the mid-80's. But some be200 guys were also getting $45k back then.

Face it, pilot pay has only kept pace with inflation. Whether at the airlines or corporate, we have been lowballed into just being happy to have a job...TC

Lear70,
I'll be looking for an entry-level job in Nashville once I return from Iraq, I'm curious if you can share who you work for, or your opinion of the Nashville job market.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Unfortunately, I don't work on the field at BNA anymore, although I do get out from time to time to say Hi to some old friends.

I USED to work out of Hangar 2 flying flight instruction, then King Airs, then Lears, then I got into the 121 side and I'm trying to either move on to a major or get into a nice corporate job. Either one would be fine, I'm just tired of busting my butt 18 days away and 90 hours of flying a month for $65k a year. :(

There's been a LOT of positive movement in the BNA corporate scene lately. Unfortunately, Averitt has been having a very hard time and has lost a LOT of aircraft, but they're still around (although not as good to work for as they once were). Might be a good entry-level job until you can network on the field and get to know some other operators.

Pharmaceutical company opened a local flight department flight a Lear 45, but I hear it's a VERY good operation so don't expect much movement. Also a CL-604 but I can't get much info on the operator. Alan Jackson's flight department runs a Lear and a Falcon 20 (don't know if they've done the fan conversion or not) - there's rumors of a little movement there but nothing solid.

Gaylord of course, and that's about all I've heard lately. Rogers construction is on the field, as is O'Charley's and a few others. Rumor is the 2nd Captain on the Gaylord aircraft went to Cracker Barrel's flight department out of Lebanon for more pay, better QOL. Most of those don't pay what I'd have to get to leave here so I haven't kept up with it as much as I probably should.

Wish I could give you a little more insight, but it's very quiet in BNA, like everywhere else, most of the good jobs are gone by the time you hear about them unless you've made buddies with someone who works there.

Good luck!

Latest resources

Back