Gaylord Entertainment, Nashville

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gents,

I do NOT work for a crap wage, never will. I certainly do not condone low wage employment in our profession. That being said, 90k is more of a fair wage in SoCal, but we are talking TENNESSEE, aren't we? Last time I checked, wages there were more along the average rate with the rest of the nation.

Brett Hull......pay them for letting you fly....WTF?....How the heck did you get that from my post. I never said 65k was acceptable. That is too low. I do believe 90k in that area is a little unrealistic.

HMR, as I re-read my post it sounded like I was taking a shot at you. That was not my intention at all. Sorry.

It was tongue-in-cheek.

There was recently a Lear 45 job posted in Nashville. The pay: $75-$95K + bonus.

Is that truly the going rate for a 45 driver there, or is that the exception? I am on the 45 in the NW. 95k for Left seat in the 45 would be awesome, but highly unlikely. Maybe them good ol' boys in TN got a good thing going.

75k is much more in line with what I have seen.

Last edited:
User997 said:
What do you think the First Officers are making there??
Nice Avatar... :)

Gaylord doesn't have F/O's. They have a Chief Pilot, a Captain, and a Co-Captain. Both CA and Co-CA make the same thing. Chief pilot makes $85-90k.

And $55k - $65k was the going rate for a Lear CA in Nashville back when I was 7 and riding in my dad's lap on Lear check runs from time to time. That was 1978.

No way in HELL I'd take a job at a CORPORATE operation for less than $85-$90k a year in the Southeast / Midwest, closer to $100k+ on the West Coast / Northeast corridor. Wake up and smell the new millenium - it's called "inflation".

Dinger said:
Is that truly the going rate for a 45 driver there, or is that the exception? I am on the 45 in the NW. 95k for Left seat in the 45 would be awesome, but highly unlikely. Maybe them good ol' boys in TN got a good thing going.

HEY DING DONG put down the frigin crack pipe!!! You know that the PacNW is the place where you should be thankful for just having a job ... ;):D Not everyone "gets" to live here. Just ask the guys who run the local the FBO's.

Sorry, I could not resist.

Whaddya think a G100 co-pilot in the southeast should make? No type, or time in type.......very light flying load. thanks

Last edited:
Are they going to type you? If not, well I would not expect much (crappy operation).

What type of aircraft.

Define light load. Are you on call 24/7? If so, then it is not a light load. I would not get lulled into the, "hey you are hardly ever working." When are on call you are working.

Sorry, I am not much help here.

yeah, thanks for that.

15-20 hours/mo. Typed, no on call.

Latest resources

Back