Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Boilermaker

Bleed Black and Gold
Anyone with any info on these guys? Thanks.

They own half of Nashville, and they're currently hiring.

From their website:
"Gaylord Entertainment (NYSE:GET) is a leading hospitality and entertainment company based in Nashville, Tenn. which owns and operates three industry-leading brands – Gaylord Hotels, a growing number of upscale, meetings-focused resorts; ResortQuest, the nation’s largest vacation home network; and the Grand Ole Opry, the weekly showcase of country music’s finest performers for 80 consecutive years. The Company’s entertainment brands and properties include the Ryman Auditorium, General Jackson Showboat, Springhouse Links Golf Club, Wildhorse Saloon, Radisson Hotel Opryland and WSM-AM. For more information about the Company, visit www.gaylordentertainment.com."

Any idea what kind of equipment and why their mins are so low?

Gaylord Entertainment

Has anybody submitted a resume and heard back from them? I understand they operate a Astra is that correct? Don't know anything about their QOL. I was called today but was out, suppose to have a call back in the morning.

They operate a very nice Astra maintained out of Hangar 1 in BNA.

Chief Pilot is resigning from active work but will stay on in an "advisory" capacity.

They pay $65k a year for a CA. No, that's not a typo. I applied anyway just for grins and giggles to see what they'd say since I live there and worked just next door out of Hangar 2 for several years.

They've had the job up on planejobs 3 times in the last 90 days. The first two times I didn't get a response. This last time I got a response that said "Thanks for applying, your experience is impressive, but we've found a 'more suitable' candidate".

From what my sources on the field keep telling me, they want someone already typed in the aircraft, won't pay moving expenses, but can't find anyone to accept the salary who's already typed. Go figure. ;)

Good luck!

I'm pretty familiar with Astra salaries across the country. $65K for Captain is bottom feeder Charter pay.

Brand new, PT91 PIC's should be starting ~$90K.

90K.........you're on dope! Even if it is part 91. YOU may be making huge $, but 90k is fugn rediculous for an Astra driver.

Dinger said:
90K.........you're on dope! Even if it is part 91. YOU may be making huge $, but 90k is fugn rediculous for an Astra driver.
:rolleyes:
Yea, you should be paying them to let you fly it.

Where else, other than aviation, do you hearing people complain about the pay being too high?

We're our own worst enemies.

Last edited:
No dope; just had a drug test...

Dinger said:
Well, I guess myself and a bunch of other Astra drivers will just have to be content with our "fugn rediculous" pay. If you want to work for crap wages (and it sounds like you do); Gaylord might be a perfect opportunity.

PS- Please read my signature line.

Exactly right. I make 65k and get 13-14 days off a month working at my regional with pass privileges and jumpseat privileges.

Why would I give that up to make the same thing driving an Astra and now doubling my workload when I'm at work (catering, fueling, flight plans, owner shmoozing) and get probably about the same number of days off (Gaylord flies 3 or 4 days a week)??!!

If they're not paying $80 - $90k I'm not interested.

Latest resources

Back