Gaylord Entertainment, Nashville

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear70 said:
D*mn aviation WHORES are going to RUIN what's LEFT of this industry (i.e. good corporate jobs are about the only good thing left going).
Just going by what is posted in the Regional Forum, Lear70 works for Pinnacle Airlines, the worlds most super operator of CRJs. Not that it really matters...

Lear70 said:
Actually, to be specific, inflation, cost of living, and the consumer pricing index are all interrelated if you want to get technical about it. And yes, 65k a year.

And, to be perfectly clear, I don't give a rat's a*s if you believe me or not. For all I give a sh*t you can go pound sand, especially if you're one of those people willing to take $50k a year for a Lear job right now when I was making that almost 10 years ago.

D*mn aviation WHORES are going to RUIN what's LEFT of this industry (i.e. good corporate jobs are about the only good thing left going).

I don't work for anything close to 50k a year, and I most certainly am not an aviation whore.

If you were making 50k as a lear PIC ten years ago, you were making 5-15k LESS than your dad was 18 years before that. Were you lowering the bar?

I know there are some really good operators out there who pay very well for their pilot staff. Unfortunately, there aren't as many of them as there should be.

Just because I think that 90k is not the going rate for a certain aircraft, don't call me a whore.

A lot of us sit here and bark at each other because we disagree with what someone thinks is reasonable pay. If it is true that you are a Pinnacle pilot, that means you are most likely flying NWA mainline routes (for regional pay, may I add). My wife is a furloughed DC-9 F/O. I certainly could rattle off a few choice words in your direction, but I am smart enough to realize it is not your choice.

Good luck with your anger issue.

Last edited:
Dinger said:
I don't work for anything close to 50k a year, and I most certainly am not an aviation whore.
I'm glad you don't, and I apologize for getting a bit testy, it sounded at the time like you were dispariaging everything I had said, and I took offense. One of the bad things about a message board, the intent of the reader sometimes slews perception and now, upon reading what you posted again, it doesn't seem that way at all.

If you were making 50k as a lear PIC ten years ago, you were making 5-15k LESS than your dad was 18 years before that. Were you lowering the bar?
No, my dad was just in the top 5% of Learjet Captain pay at the time. And yes, it was frustrating to know that 20 years later I was making slightly less than he was at the same point in his career. I didn't think of Flexjet as "lowering the bar" in 1997 and I'm glad they're FINALLY getting some pay raises over there.

I know there are some really good operators out there who pay very well for their pilot staff. Unfortunately, there aren't as many of them as there should be.
Absolutely, and obviously the reason I haven't gone to one of the corporate / charter jobs I've interviewed at yet, can't find a great mix of money and QOL that beats what I already have.

A lot of us sit here and bark at each other because we disagree with what someone thinks is reasonable pay. If it is true that you are a Pinnacle pilot, that means you are most likely flying NWA mainline routes (for regional pay, may I add). My wife is a furloughed DC-9 F/O. I certainly could rattle off a few choice words in your direction, but I am smart enough to realize it is not your choice.
Absolutely, it's easy to mouth off on a message board, especially when one posts after 3 or 4 double Jack Daniels'. I feel bad for the Northwest pilots, although they made their own bed when they didn't scope ALL jet flying in order to get some more work rules two contracts ago, but I digress...

I would PREFER to see ALL jet flying at the majors, it would mean that much more major airline hiring instead of regional feeder hiring at $18k a year (couldn't have done that, don't know how our F/O's do it, I couldn't have come in as anything other than a Street Captain, couldn't have afforded it).

Good luck with your career and your wife's, hopefully NWA will figure their crap out one of these days and she'll be back to work soon.

Latest resources

Back