Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ToiletDuck said:
well boooo to them.
http://cddevelopment.com/tcm/Instrument/PA240010a.jpg I thought at first that is what he used here. It doesn't quite look like those others any.

Don't know what that airplane is using, but there are a number of EFIS systems for non-certified aircraft (which a modified RV-7 almost certainly is).

Not too many STC'd retrofits, though - especially if you're looking for for a big honkin' PFD. Lots o' MFDs, though.

surveypilot said:
That is on a new C182. I believe that from the factory there is no increase in price for the glass panel. THe reason being that it is actually cheaper to install the glass than all of the individual guages. I have no idea what it would cost to retrofit and older airplane with the G1000 cockpit. I am sure that it is astronomical.

<Warning - way off topic>

Hey survey, is that one of those super duper Cessna 414's with the Lyc 720's in your avatar? I bet that thang hauls some serious ass.

sorry there people's i just wanted to sound smart for a moment. :eek:

:)
ToiletDuck said:
Serious answer to ADF question: An ADF is a piece of equipment in an aircraft that was very popular years back. However with the invention of FM and XM radio it has since become obsolete.

***Edit***
almost forgot most planes now have an "audio/music" port.

XM replacing ADF? You're able to fly a path to a geosynchronous satellite?

What are you flying? An Apollo moon rocket? :)

Man, EVERYONE missed my point....

Now, we all agree the ADF is pretty much dead weight, but since they put an ADF in this plane anyway, the question should have read, WHY is the G1000 not acting as the tuning unit????

JimG said:
If all you ever fly is VFR...you don't "need" it.

Even for the long cross country VFR flyer, this equipment is great!

With the addition of XM Satellite weather, you can see the weather for hundreds of miles in any direction, as well as forcasts for desination airports.

XM also supplies real time TFR boundry overlays on the moving map.

Latest resources

Back