• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Garmin 1000 pic. Beautiful

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is on a new C182. I believe that from the factory there is no increase in price for the glass panel. THe reason being that it is actually cheaper to install the glass than all of the individual guages. I have no idea what it would cost to retrofit and older airplane with the G1000 cockpit. I am sure that it is astronomical.

we have a 182 and a 172 like this at our school. they're nice :)

I've never heard of a retrofit with G1000 - I believe that it would be pretty challenging, if it is even possible, to retrofit it to a non-glass cockpit aircraft (some claim that it's so "tightly integrated" that it's pretty hard to retrofit - don't know if that's just a bunch of smoke or not).

I think that the nearest system that is commonly retrofitted to aircraft is the Chelton FlightLogic system - they have STCs for installation on everything from Cherokees to Citations. Costs about 75k for an installation, I believe.

http://www.cheltonflightsystems.com/Prod_cert_features.html
http://www.avionix.com/efis.html

Last edited:
ToiletDuck said:
what school is that at?
epic aviation in new smyrna beach, fl. supposedly have like 3 other all-glass 172's on the way. i don't think they're getting another 182 for a while.

NookyBooky said:
I would be embarrassed to own a GA plane with all that malarkey in the panel. Give me a map, compass, and some caffiene and I'll be just dandy.
i've flown these planes and i love them!!

and what the hell's a compass? what button do i push to get it? :p

cforst513 said:
i've flown these planes and i love them!!

and what the hell's a compass? what button do i push to get it? :p

I guess if you want to be a (regional) airline pilot, then it would makes perfect sense to gain as much experience with those overpriced playstation 3's as possible. But then again, I hate the idea of flying for the regionals as much as I hate the idea of flying a computer with wings.

Oh well, to thine own self be true...

ahh, nooky, i'm just kidding. nothing satisfies me more than getting from point A to B by using dead reckoning, pilotage, and VORs. i'm a purist, too, albeit a young rookie purist.

Latest resources

Back