Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AKMD80GUY

Angle Lakes Bitch
Just found out from the ALPA meeting last night that Menzies in SEA, yes the same stellar group that replaced the 472 rampers, have hired gang members to work the ramp. O.K. fine. What people do on their own time is thir business. But here is the kicker. They have hired people from rival gangs. O.K. fine. Why should I care if these guys don't get along down on the street. But the large fist fight that occured ON THE RAMP gets my attention.

I have had many jets that have been "tagged" in the cargo pits. I even had a jet two days ago for a LAS turn that had the FWD LAV INOP, Crew Use Only, because of gang graffiti on the walls. Nice impression we want to put forward to our customers. Anyone else worried that they have ramp access?

This operation is just wrong on sooooooo many levels. Where do I get off?

AKMD80GUY said:
Just found out from the ALPA meeting last night that Menzies in SEA, yes the same stellar group that replaced the 472 rampers, have hired gang members to work the ramp. O.K. fine. What people do on their own time is thir business. But here is the kicker. They have hired people from rival gangs. O.K. fine. Why should I care if these guys don't get along down on the street. But the large fist fight that occured ON THE RAMP gets my attention.

I have had many jets that have been "tagged" in the cargo pits. I even had a jet two days ago for a LAS turn that had the FWD LAV INOP, Crew Use Only, because of gang graffiti on the walls. Nice impression we want to put forward to our customers. Anyone else worried that they have ramp access?

I lived in Gig Harbor while I was based at SEA for a year. All I can say is glad to spend most of my time in Michigan now out of the "war zone". Good luck.

AKMD80GUY said:

Starting pay is above the average regional FO pay to boot.

Bag pits have been "tagged" for years by rampers in every city. I'm sure this "tagging" at your company is nothing new, either. And most certainly didn't just start with the new rampers.

While there may certainly be issues, the one you raise here is definitely not it. If it is, then someone is really grasping at straws now.

Last edited:
Ex-UPS driver charged with stealing his cargo

Published July 8, 2005

LAKE COUNTY -- A 15-year driver for United Parcel Service pleaded not guilty Thursday in Lake County Circuit Court to charges that he stole and sold goods to be delivered to Gurnee stores.

Patrick Kovarsky, 33, of Kenosha is charged with theft, wire fraud and computer fraud for failing to deliver video game equipment, DVDs, jewelry, sunglasses and other merchandise to Gurnee-area stores, including Target, Best Buy, Just Sports and Dakota Jewelers, said Assistant State's Atty. Patricia Fix.

Kovarsky, who was arrested in May, sold some things on eBay over a two-year period, authorities said.

Kovarsky, who no longer works for UPS, is free on bond, and Circuit Judge James Booras set a Sept. 23 trial date.

Word at www.subguns.com is this guy stole firearms as well...

What do gangs do in SEA? Try to mope the hardest? Get smacked up in the right color rain gear and make sure they pass out on their own turf? What does the graffiti say- This Methadone clinic is the property of the "Unassuming Name of a Gang That is NOT Condescending to Our HandiCapable Brethren and Sisteren, But Colloquially, the 'Crips'"?

Are all gang colors flannel on black denim?

Sounds like Philly on Xmas. Bad situation to have wankstas on property.

Sig said:
What do gangs do in SEA? Try to mope the hardest? Get smacked up in the right color rain gear and make sure they pass out on their own turf? What does the graffiti say- This Methadone clinic is the property of the "Unassuming Name of a Gang That is NOT Condescending to Our HandiCapable Brethren and Sisteren, But Colloquially, the 'Crips'"?

Are all gang colors flannel on black denim?

Sounds like Philly on Xmas. Bad situation to have wankstas on property.

Hey SIG,,,you prob live in LA and are accustomed to global thermal nuclear gang activity. However the rest of the civi world considers ANY gang activity time for a gut check/ get the cops sweep. Stuff it out while its startin up,,,just like a WEEEEED.

Latest resources

Back