Gang members working the SEA ramp

AKMD80GUY

Angle Lakes Bitch
Joined
May 3, 2005
Posts
200
Total Time
10,000
Just found out from the ALPA meeting last night that Menzies in SEA, yes the same stellar group that replaced the 472 rampers, have hired gang members to work the ramp. O.K. fine. What people do on their own time is thir business. But here is the kicker. They have hired people from rival gangs. O.K. fine. Why should I care if these guys don't get along down on the street. But the large fist fight that occured ON THE RAMP gets my attention.

I have had many jets that have been "tagged" in the cargo pits. I even had a jet two days ago for a LAS turn that had the FWD LAV INOP, Crew Use Only, because of gang graffiti on the walls. Nice impression we want to put forward to our customers. Anyone else worried that they have ramp access?

This operation is just wrong on sooooooo many levels. Where do I get off?
 

WillowRunVortex

Former Sleepless Knight
Joined
Dec 30, 2004
Posts
352
Total Time
D
AKMD80GUY said:
Just found out from the ALPA meeting last night that Menzies in SEA, yes the same stellar group that replaced the 472 rampers, have hired gang members to work the ramp. O.K. fine. What people do on their own time is thir business. But here is the kicker. They have hired people from rival gangs. O.K. fine. Why should I care if these guys don't get along down on the street. But the large fist fight that occured ON THE RAMP gets my attention.

I have had many jets that have been "tagged" in the cargo pits. I even had a jet two days ago for a LAS turn that had the FWD LAV INOP, Crew Use Only, because of gang graffiti on the walls. Nice impression we want to put forward to our customers. Anyone else worried that they have ramp access?

This operation is just wrong on sooooooo many levels. Where do I get off?
I lived in Gig Harbor while I was based at SEA for a year. All I can say is glad to spend most of my time in Michigan now out of the "war zone". Good luck.
 

miles otoole

Well-known member
Joined
May 7, 2004
Posts
948
Total Time
10k+
AKMD80GUY said:
Just found out from the ALPA meeting last night that Menzies in SEA, yes the same stellar group that replaced the 472 rampers, have hired gang members to work the ramp. O.K. fine. What people do on their own time is thir business. But here is the kicker. They have hired people from rival gangs. O.K. fine. Why should I care if these guys don't get along down on the street. But the large fist fight that occured ON THE RAMP gets my attention.

I have had many jets that have been "tagged" in the cargo pits. I even had a jet two days ago for a LAS turn that had the FWD LAV INOP, Crew Use Only, because of gang graffiti on the walls. Nice impression we want to put forward to our customers. Anyone else worried that they have ramp access?

This operation is just wrong on sooooooo many levels. Where do I get off?
Starting pay is above the average regional FO pay to boot.
 

Yank McCobb

Song and Dance Man
Joined
Mar 10, 2005
Posts
538
Total Time
18000
Bag pits have been "tagged" for years by rampers in every city. I'm sure this "tagging" at your company is nothing new, either. And most certainly didn't just start with the new rampers.

While there may certainly be issues, the one you raise here is definitely not it. If it is, then someone is really grasping at straws now.
 

GogglesPisano

Pawn, in game of life
Joined
Oct 20, 2003
Posts
3,939
Total Time
enough
Last edited:

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Joined
Dec 17, 2003
Posts
8,573
Total Time
7,000+
Ex-UPS driver charged with stealing his cargo

Published July 8, 2005


LAKE COUNTY -- A 15-year driver for United Parcel Service pleaded not guilty Thursday in Lake County Circuit Court to charges that he stole and sold goods to be delivered to Gurnee stores.

Patrick Kovarsky, 33, of Kenosha is charged with theft, wire fraud and computer fraud for failing to deliver video game equipment, DVDs, jewelry, sunglasses and other merchandise to Gurnee-area stores, including Target, Best Buy, Just Sports and Dakota Jewelers, said Assistant State's Atty. Patricia Fix.

Kovarsky, who was arrested in May, sold some things on eBay over a two-year period, authorities said.

Kovarsky, who no longer works for UPS, is free on bond, and Circuit Judge James Booras set a Sept. 23 trial date.
Word at www.subguns.com is this guy stole firearms as well...
 

Sig

2017
Joined
Aug 29, 2003
Posts
1,348
Total Time
100%
What do gangs do in SEA? Try to mope the hardest? Get smacked up in the right color rain gear and make sure they pass out on their own turf? What does the graffiti say- This Methadone clinic is the property of the "Unassuming Name of a Gang That is NOT Condescending to Our HandiCapable Brethren and Sisteren, But Colloquially, the 'Crips'"?

Are all gang colors flannel on black denim?

Sounds like Philly on Xmas. Bad situation to have wankstas on property.
 

WillowRunVortex

Former Sleepless Knight
Joined
Dec 30, 2004
Posts
352
Total Time
D
Sig said:
What do gangs do in SEA? Try to mope the hardest? Get smacked up in the right color rain gear and make sure they pass out on their own turf? What does the graffiti say- This Methadone clinic is the property of the "Unassuming Name of a Gang That is NOT Condescending to Our HandiCapable Brethren and Sisteren, But Colloquially, the 'Crips'"?

Are all gang colors flannel on black denim?

Sounds like Philly on Xmas. Bad situation to have wankstas on property.
Hey SIG,,,you prob live in LA and are accustomed to global thermal nuclear gang activity. However the rest of the civi world considers ANY gang activity time for a gut check/ get the cops sweep. Stuff it out while its startin up,,,just like a WEEEEED.
 

cocknbull

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 25, 2002
Posts
350
Total Time
253334
Wow, gang members without felonies. BS they don't exist. No SIDA badges for felons. If what you say is the truth; a call to the FAA is in order.
 

sgu

In search of...
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Posts
343
Total Time
8000+
I was suprised to hear about the "gang tags" found on our airplanes in IAH. Apparently they also have ramp access in some capacity.
 

General Lee

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 24, 2002
Posts
20,442
Total Time
A lot
How about the IAH ramper named the "Arabic Assassin"? He supposedly made a rap song that praised 9-11, and he was a ramper in Houston. He should be shipped to Guitmo. I think he was arrested and is currently in "questioning."


Bye Bye--General Lee
 

ERfly

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 25, 2002
Posts
767
Total Time
8100
sgu said:
I was suprised to hear about the "gang tags" found on our airplanes in IAH. Apparently they also have ramp access in some capacity.
It happens. I've found several on the wing inspection lights on the 145s.
 

ERfly

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 25, 2002
Posts
767
Total Time
8100
General Lee said:
How about the IAH ramper named the "Arabic Assassin"? He supposedly made a rap song that praised 9-11, and he was a ramper in Houston. He should be shipped to Guitmo. I think he was arrested and is currently in "questioning."


Bye Bye--General Lee
Sorry, General, he worked for The Nation's Finest, protecting the airports from the evil of the world....The TSA.
 

AKMD80GUY

Angle Lakes Bitch
Joined
May 3, 2005
Posts
200
Total Time
10,000
In 4 1/2 years at AK i have never seen Gang Tags. I've seen stuff written in the pits below but not "Tags". Also to have to INOP a lav because of gang graffiti is pathetic. And as far as the felons with SIDA badges, we had a stretch were rampers were being pulled off the ramp during a shift and fired because there background checks were returning less than spotless. The practice of putting these people in secure areas before thay pass the checks is stupid. Bow to the almighty dollar.
 

COpilot

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 5, 2002
Posts
410
Total Time
12,000
Go figure, your stock has not stoped climbing for the last month?
 

AKMD80GUY

Angle Lakes Bitch
Joined
May 3, 2005
Posts
200
Total Time
10,000
Yeh, no s#$& about the stock price. I guess when you have 90+ million handed to you that tends to happen. Lets see what it does if the AMFA rejects their TA. Does any one know where to get a pilot app. for Menzies? C'mon people you know it's coming.
 

I.P. Freley

I like people food
Joined
Dec 26, 2001
Posts
2,038
Total Time
Enough
WillowRunVortex said:
I lived in Gig Harbor while I was based at SEA for a year. All I can say is glad to spend most of my time in Michigan now out of the "war zone". Good luck.
Surely you're not referring to Gig Harbor as a war zone...! I've been there a half dozen times and found it to be a very pleasant community.

Now the SEA ramp is another issue entirely... The people working the cargo end don't appear to be any more interesting than would be considered typical for rampies.
 
Top