• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

G5 SIC slots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If a pic bids down would that open a pic position in the vacated pic position?

After the furloughs and massive "G" upgrades prior to integration, there are WAY to many PICs in all fleets. It would take far more bids like this to facilitate upgrades at this point.

What a terrible inconvenient truth What does this post about seniority have anything to do with flying a Falcon, other than they elect to do it based upon their seniority?

I'm sorry, did you forget the terrible inconvenient truth that seniority didn't mean jack ******************** to USA Jet when they stopped flying the Falcons? The irony being, you have no place to talk about how seniority rules.

I'm sorry, did you forget the terrible inconvenient truth that seniority didn't mean jack ******************** to USA Jet when they stopped flying the Falcons? The irony being, you have no place to talk about how seniority rules.
Don't think we were talking about JUS seniority, thought this was a NJ thread where we were talking about how people get into other seats. Please correct me if I am wrong. I don't understand all these comparisons to a bottom feeder. Is there a fear here, that it has to be vocalized in order to ensure separation? BTW One of greatest joys, is looking back at the guys I helped move on from JUS into career position such as NJ, JB, SWA, etc. And I bet in there old age when they talk about flying, many of their tales will be of the days at KYIP.

Government Retirements ...

You are miss-informed. Federal employees on the General Schedule have a 401k type of savings plan called the Thrift Savings Plan wherein the government will provide matching funds up to 4.5% of the employees regular earnings. They also have the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) which provides a monthly annuity similar to Social Security. There is no health care beyond what any other citizen receives and that is the whole of it.

I know, my wife has been employed by the Department of Veterans Affairs for 25 years.

TM

You are mostly uninformed about government retirements. Many of the government workers who retire actually get a pay raise >> because they also collect social security on top of what they collect in retirement.

Although in the future I hope these types of retirements go away. This country can't afford it.

What a terrible inconvenient truth

If this is true why all the screaming about "Get out of my seat?" in the name of age and safety?

You must have me confused with someone else. I have been a staunch supporter of NOT having a mandatory retirement age.

I am, however, a strong supporter of a more comprehensive medical for everyone. And I think the checkrides need to be more real-to-life and comprehensive. In fact, the whole testing for pilot certificates needs to be overhauled from the ground up. Why on earth does the FAA publish the written tests for everyone to study before taking the test?! I sure wish that when I was in college my instructors had made the final exams available to study before taking them.

But I am most definitely NOT in favor of some arbitrary age limit for pilots. I've flown with some real bone-head older pilots. But no more so than the bone-head younger guys. And I've also flown with some truly excellent older pilots.

I guess the biggest area of deficiency with the older guys has been duties not related to actually flying the aircraft. Some of the older gentlemen are a little less than 'helpful' when it comes to throwing bags, moving the liferaft, cleaning the cabin, and attending to all the thousands of details that need looking after which are supposed to separate us from the airlines. Yes, some of the older guys do a great job with these duties too, but there are definitely a number who aren't doing the job. If you can't/won't do the ENTIRE job (not just moving the controls), then it's time to leave. Of course, this would apply to a few of the younger ones too.

You must have me confused with someone else. I have been a staunch supporter of NOT having a mandatory retirement age...............then it's time to leave. Of course, this would apply to a few of the younger ones too.
Think you read it wrong, I am all for any type of testing, mental, physical, etc to determine who should be able to fly an airplane, but it is uniformly applied across all age brakets starting at say age 40 when the EKG kicks in ever year. But to say these tests start at age 60, or 65 to eliminate the older pilots, while not subjecting the younger piltos to the same test, is well just "Get out of myseat" again

Think you read it wrong, I am all for any type of testing, mental, physical, etc to determine who should be able to fly an airplane, but it is uniformly applied across all age brakets starting at say age 40 when the EKG kicks in ever year. But to say these tests start at age 60, or 65 to eliminate the older pilots, while not subjecting the younger piltos to the same test, is well just "Get out of myseat" again

I like this idea. 40 is a good time to do this. The trick is to make it impossible for the guys who "buy the medical" to pass the test.

Sorry, once again my writing wasn't clear. I agree, all medicals and testing should be uniform for all age brackets.

Latest resources

Back