• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

G5 SIC slots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But that doesn't mean that action is not taking away an opportunity for an SIC who already has very few open to him.

Nor does advocating extended days as being ok to pick up.. How did that one turn out a year later for M.L. and Co.? After all that has happened with extended days this year I'm all for PIC's doing what they choose, after all it is CONTRACTUAL.

Sarcasm off

We wouldn't know because some majority voted to keep us off...

That decision came solely from the executive board. The volunteers had absolutely nothing to do with that decision, and it's one I vocally opposed, then and now.

I'm not a moderator over there. And in light of recent events, I'm grateful for that!

As for the issue at hand, yes, that PIC is exercising his rightful seniority rights. That's fine. But that doesn't mean that action is not taking away an opportunity for an SIC who already has very few open to him.
Oh yes,
Thanks for correcting me, you're the union website administrator and volunteer coordinator!
Maybe you should get a stipend too!

Seniority rules.

What a terrible inconvenient truth

67 really isn't all that old these days. If I continue to take care of myself, and avoid any major mishaps, then I could have many years of enjoyment after 67. Or not. That's harder to predict than the market.
If this is true why all the screaming about "Get out of my seat?" in the name of age and safety?

Last edited:
I don't know a single line pilot (myself included) who voted to keep you guys off the web board. In fact, I don't even remember getting the chance to vote on it all (just like some of the side letters that keep trumping the contract but never informed us about). And I also think that you guys should not just keep Cobra, but get one better by keeping regular benefits just like a guy on LOA.
And what a nice way to inform you, on Thanksgiving, that you were getting furloughed, and start it at Christmas week....lowdown and dirty thing that was handled poorly too.
But remember that we are trying to make NJA a better place for when you get back. Many of us have also contributed to the 495 fund for Christmas (you're welcome Trogges), so don't think you're alone in this. You may mean nothing to the company, but to your brethren pilots at NJA you matter.

Last edited:
Oh yes,
Thanks for correcting me, you're the union website administrator and volunteer coordinator!

Not a moderator, as I said. I have nothing to do with that function on the board anymore, and haven't for years. None of the moderators from a few years ago are still doing it.

Latest resources

Back