G5 SIC slots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What SIC is making $120,000?

Imacdog, I have several friends at SWA who as SICs bring home $140,000. I have enough recommendations from a lot people at various carriers that I'd have a fairly good chance if I needed them, but I'd rather not need them.

Trogges, don't be too amused with my attitude, it's prevalent with pretty much every surviving SIC at NJA. I just prefer to see a career at NJA improve rather than hop all over aviation anymore. Perhaps you should read my earlier post (and educate yourself) before you come in here with your mouth wide open and the personal attack.
And where do you get the $120,000 figure? There is no such figure for an SIC at NJA. And I do more than vacuum crumbs...in the 560 airframe we get to do the poopy bowl too because so few FBOs will do it anymore because they are afraid to spill it. The fact is we are far more than pilots at NJA.
Sorry about your being part of the 495, but it's aviation. I HAVE been in your shoes. It sucks, and that's especially why there has to be some payoff. Therein my friend is the point.
Sorry if I sound preachy, but you felt rather free to come at me with both guns blazing. I have been flying professionally since 1994, perhaps a little longer than you. You need to spend a little less time feeling sorry for yourself and see how the fight someone else is going on with will benefit you later. Would you want to come back to a NetJets with a 10 year SIC pay cap? And no upgrades? Why don't we just give up our health plan for you because we are still employed and you are not? Stop. Listen. Learn. The things that are going on at NJA will affect you when you return, hopefully soon.
Keep your head up. BTW if you're using the job search boards, I'd recommend willflyforfood.com over climbto350.com. Like I said, been in your shoes before.

Last edited:
Stagnation sucks Terry, but that's pretty universal no matter where you are.

Not every stagnated SIC position is frustrating. Examples, such as friends I have at Delta and SWA come to mind. I have a few friends at regionals that are captains content making the same amount of cash as an SIC at NJ, and not working half as hard. Some of us just have higher expectations for themselves. These are personal preferences. Hanging out at NJ as an SIC indefinitely, suites some folks just fine. The amount of deadwood at NJ is staggering for the bottom 10-15%. Absolutely no growth, or relief via a mandatory retirement age.

Not every stagnated SIC position is frustrating. Examples, such as friends I have at Delta and SWA come to mind. I have a few friends at regionals that are captains content making the same amount of cash as an SIC at NJ, and not working half as hard. Some of us just have higher expectations for themselves. These are personal preferences. Hanging out at NJ as an SIC indefinitely, suites some folks just fine. The amount of deadwood at NJ is staggering for the bottom 10-15%. Absolutely no growth, or relief via a mandatory retirement age.

I get what you're saying and you're right. The thing at NJA is that there is a cap at year 10 for SICs. Upgrades are like a pipe dream, and now we can't even use SIC bids to make a living. That's what everyone has the beef with. Seniority rules, yes. But something has to change next contract. I don't want to hear a single PIC say that the SIC payscale belongs on the backburner.

I'm not a moderator over there. And in light of recent events, I'm grateful for that!

As for the issue at hand, yes, that PIC is exercising his rightful seniority rights. That's fine. But that doesn't mean that action is not taking away an opportunity for an SIC who already has very few open to him.

I'm not a moderator over there. And in light of recent events, I'm grateful for that!

As for the issue at hand, yes, that PIC is exercising his rightful seniority rights. That's fine. But that doesn't mean that action is not taking away an opportunity for an SIC who already has very few open to him.

Sarcasm on:

It’s seniority baby. You just gotta “suck it”, and “love it”….Or not…

Sarcasm off:

BTW, Terry, the furloughed guys Cobra ran out some time ago. NJ is not helping us at all on medical. And also, even while we were on Cobra, we paid the full premium.
Helm

No kidding! Those guys deserve a paycheck for that nowadays. I never thought I'd see the days where FI seems more docile than our own site.

We wouldn't know because some majority voted to keep us off.. wonder which majority that was? Probably the same one who now tries to apply censorship to the grown up board. And also tolod us we didn't know what we were talking about the last 2 years....

Latest resources

Back