Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

G0Jet pilots hired after TSA furloughs = Scabs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
skyta said:
All f*#king pilots are scabs. Look at the pay scales for all regional pilots. You think that is enough to compensate for all the money we invested in our training? We did this to ourselves! So I don't see how *************************s is different from any other airline.

hahaha quit whining about how much you spent on training. It is the oldest, lamest excuse in the book. Some people spent thousands, some people spent nothing on their flight training. Just because you pissed away all that money and now are wallowing in student loan debt doesnt mean your entitled to outlandish, outrageous wages.

Mr. D,

So what are outlandish, outrageous wages? $40K a year for someone with over 5 years flying jets?

Dewey Oxberger said:
Mr. D,

So what are outlandish, outrageous wages? $40K a year for someone with over 5 years flying jets?

So your a jet captain making only 40k/year? What airline are you working for?

Can someone please tell me what flying TSA took from eagle? Last I recall eagle never had a base out of STL!! TSA and TWA did the flying out of STL, SOOOO If TSA took any flying than it was from the former TWA!!!! END OF STORY!! TOOLS!!

Actually, AMR (Having been there I know) offered the flying to Eagle when they took over STL. Eagle TURNED DOWN the flying because they're operations were already "stretched over capacity" with their currently load of flying. The flying was then offered to to TSA and CHQ who were already operating the aircraft for TWA. Absolutely nothing was said about "stolen flying" until 2001 when Eagle began furloughs. Then, shock of all shocks, TSA and CHQ had "stolen" THEIR flying. They had their chance, they blew it. Tough sh!t, if they want to be bitter, be bitter at THEIR mngmt that turned the flying down back in 2000. Consequently, most of the b!tching you hear is from people who hired by Eagle AFTER this all occured. Awwwww, poor babies.

The horses left the barn well over a decade ago when the mainline unions refused the RJ flying. Had their egos allowed them to accept the little jets, very few if none of the regionals would even be around today as we know them. Now it is just the free market working and you will contine to see low bidders, lower bidders, alter ego, alter alter ego companies. Done deal.... To many young pilots in North America, there will always be someone willing to fly for less than the next guy.

This has absolutely nothing to do with being a "Scab".

EMB Skillz said:
This is where the Russian would call you "idiots". Two separate pilot lists means they can do what they want. Atlas may also hire while Polar pilots are furloughed. This would not make Atlas pilots "scabs". Morally right? Probably not. Sucks? Yes.

Exactly right. Yes, it sucks... But these clowns act like theirs is the only injustice in the world of aviation. The term "scab" is a black and white term. There is no such thing as "close to being." You either are or you aren't, no such thing as sort of...

tyuwerty said:
The horses left the barn well over a decade ago when the mainline unions refused the RJ flying. Had their egos allowed them to accept the little jets, very few if none of the regionals would even be around today as we know them. Now it is just the free market working and you will contine to see low bidders, lower bidders, alter ego, alter alter ego companies. Done deal.... To many young pilots in North America, there will always be someone willing to fly for less than the next guy.

This has absolutely nothing to do with being a "Scab".

I totally agree with you! I don't know why people are making such a big deal about *************************s. The aviation industry is just a business like anything else. Just don't take it personally and you'll be alright. And the BS about not letting ************************* pilots on the jumpseat is ridiculous too.

D'Angelo said:
So your a jet captain making only 40k/year? What airline are you working for?

Actually, I made over $75K last year during my first year as a captain, including 3 months of reserve. I'm referring to 5 yr FOs at Comair. I gather you voted yes for concessions, so you believe that $40, maybe $45K a year for a jet pilot with 5 years experience is too much? My buddy on the 700 will take a $9 paycut if and when the FA's bend over. And you're happy?

I totally agree with you! I don't know why people are making such a big deal about *************************s. The aviation industry is just a business like anything else. Just don't take it personally and you'll be alright. And the BS about not letting ************************* pilots on the jumpseat is ridiculous too.

http://forums.flightinfo.com/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif
You, my friend are a TOOL. Have fun in the 700.

I would like to send out a BIG thanks to that Expressjet CPT that denies all alter ego pilots from his Jumpseat.........you know who you are....thx bud

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back