• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

G-O JETS DH-er

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why in the world would you check in with the crew when you are DHing? You are on company business. If you are using the JS privliage then yes, but while DHing no way!

I had a GJ DH-er last week and he did not come up and say "HI"!

Now, I have once had to DH on GJ, so I thought it fitting to go up front and say "Hi, I'm (blank) from TSA, I'm DHing and I thought I'd say hi to let you know I'm in the back." <not stabbing>

Well that CP and FO were extremely nice to me, and asked if I had 1st class.

I just want the same respect from the GJ DHers, to stop up and say "hi".

Even if you don't get a response, we still work for the same company.

You don't have to bow your head and look like you are afraid.

We all know you are, but act like a real person. Own up to what you are and at least say "hi" I'm a GJ Scum and I'm DHing. I'll say, "sorry, we don't have 1st class b/c we voted it down and I'm very glad to have you on board".

Take care, Phish

YOU, are a tard! Get off your high horse Christopher Reeve

Well, G Jets pilots are pieces of ********************e, BUT not saying high during a DH is a pretty weak arguement.

I can't say I always do that either.

I just hope he got the seat by the ********************ter.

I don't just say "hi, the agent gave me a seat" when jumpseating with a seat in the back. I still introduce myself (to the Captain and F/O), tell them who I work for (and no, I don't say "United Express"), show my credentials, and ASK FOR A RIDE. When the Captain says welcome aboard, we're glad to have you, I then ASK if it's ok to take a seat in the back. Never been turned down, and have always been treated professionally. Thanks to all the professional crews out there for the rides home. It gives me hope that the venom between pilots you read on FlightInfo isn't legit.

Just because the agent gives you a seat doesn't mean you are just another non-rev. You are still using your jumpseating privileges to get on the aircraft and should follow protocol as such. I see this behavior occasionaly from Regional pilots and Mainliners alike. That being said, if I'm deadheading or just non-reving on a pass I'll say hello to the crew if they don't look too busy and let them know that I'm deadheading or non-reving so there's no confusion.

The topic of the thread is about a crew who was deadheading, not jumpseating.

I think we all know the protocol when jumpseating, which you perfectly spelled out, but this thread is about deadheading.

You don't say United Express? Do the pilots up front even know the difference between Mesa and Air Whiskey? I find it's so much easier just to say United Express when I jumpseat, that way I don't have to explain codesharing and feeder carriers. Talk about a bunch of blank stares!!!

And for the record, when I deadhead, the crew up front won't even know I'm on board.

The topic of the thread is about a crew who was deadheading, not jumpseating.

I think we all know the protocol when jumpseating, which you perfectly spelled out, but this thread is about deadheading.

You don't say United Express? Do the pilots up front even know the difference between Mesa and Air Whiskey? I find it's so much easier just to say United Express when I jumpseat, that way I don't have to explain codesharing and feeder carriers. Talk about a bunch of blank stares!!!

And for the record, when I deadhead, the crew up front won't even know I'm on board.

Actually, for the record it's about class. I always say hi, maybe and apparently it's just me, but I still say hi.

I'm not saying it is required, but the fact that our SINGLE company is ********************ing us, it may be a good idea to actually have some face time with someone who works there. Just a "hi".

Like I said in my first post, I went up and said hi to them, just as a courtesy to the "position" of CA and FO.

Don't spin this into some GJ vs. TSA thread like I did, just maybe a common courtesy if you work for the same company.

That's all.

I hate to think I might be defending someone who works for Hojets, but they were actually deadheading, as in company business, right?

I might be wrong, but the only time I check in with the cockpit crew is when I'm actually going to have to ride the JS or when I'm offline JS-ing. I might talk to the crew when DHing or non-revving on my own airline but other than that I keep a low profile and don't bother them. I would guess that someone who works for Hojets might want skip talking to the crew if at all possible, so if this person was DHing then I can see why he didn't come up.

what shamrock said

I hate to think I might be defending someone who works for Hojets, but they were actually deadheading, as in company business, right?

I might be wrong, but the only time I check in with the cockpit crew is when I'm actually going to have to ride the JS or when I'm offline JS-ing. I might talk to the crew when DHing or non-revving on my own airline but other than that I keep a low profile and don't bother them. I would guess that someone who works for Hojets might want skip talking to the crew if at all possible, so if this person was DHing then I can see why he didn't come up.

Dude, can't you see that this is just another thread to b*tch and moan about Ho-Jets. Hey Phishin@Daves if you really dont like it have some balls and say something next time or just get out of flying! TSA pilots are not the only ones getting screwed by management, the whole regional industry sucks. But hey you wanna make it to a major or good corporate, just fly! mind your own business and be a fu**ing man! This world is unfair and filled with do*che bags, so just make the best of it or put a bullet in your head and end your "misery"

CaptainJag

Latest resources

Back