• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

G-O JETS DH-er

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fertheloveofgod get over yourself.....why should deadheading crew check in with anyone except the gate agent. You're not doing them a favor, it's company biz.! Do you leave people phone messages calling yourself "Captain"? Don't be one of those.

How about a poll on who actually bothers the crew on a deadhead?

I'll always say hi when jumpseating, even if I have a seat in the back, but outside of a wave if they look and notice me, I never drop in on a deadhead or nonrev. I also don't expect anybody but jumpseaters to drop in on me.

I'll always say hi when jumpseating, even if I have a seat in the back, but outside of a wave if they look and notice me, I never drop in on a deadhead or nonrev. I also don't expect anybody but jumpseaters to drop in on me.

Ditto.

I don't just say "hi, the agent gave me a seat" when jumpseating with a seat in the back. I still introduce myself (to the Captain and F/O), tell them who I work for (and no, I don't say "United Express"), show my credentials, and ASK FOR A RIDE. When the Captain says welcome aboard, we're glad to have you, I then ASK if it's ok to take a seat in the back. Never been turned down, and have always been treated professionally. Thanks to all the professional crews out there for the rides home. It gives me hope that the venom between pilots you read on FlightInfo isn't legit.

Just because the agent gives you a seat doesn't mean you are just another non-rev. You are still using your jumpseating privileges to get on the aircraft and should follow protocol as such. I see this behavior occasionaly from Regional pilots and Mainliners alike. That being said, if I'm deadheading or just non-reving on a pass I'll say hello to the crew if they don't look too busy and let them know that I'm deadheading or non-reving so there's no confusion.

You treat them like $hit, and then you expect them to feed your ego by saying "Hi?"

Yeah I agree.

Why give the captain a chance to say "call the cops, unauthorized flight deck entry in progress".

Seriously, you go up and say "hi" when ever you deadhead (NOTE: deadheading, NOT jumpseating) ? We do a "crew hauler" deadhead from PHX-LAS that sometimes has upwards of 30 airline crew on board. When I"m in the flight deck, I got better things to do than say "hi" to a bunch of passengers. (if I want to say "hi" to them, I'll step out)

bottom line is Go Jerks should not exist. It is only there to bring down the pay of all pilots, of all airlines. Pilot there had a choice. They took the wrong one.

I had a GJ DH-er last week and he did not come up and say "HI"!

Now, I have once had to DH on GJ, so I thought it fitting to go up front and say "Hi, I'm (blank) from TSA, I'm DHing and I thought I'd say hi to let you know I'm in the back." <not stabbing>

Well that CP and FO were extremely nice to me, and asked if I had 1st class.

I just want the same respect from the GJ DHers, to stop up and say "hi".

Even if you don't get a response, we still work for the same company.

You don't have to bow your head and look like you are afraid.

This is rediculous.

No need to say , "hello, Im deadheading in the back". It would be like saying i'm on and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. I do, however say "nice job guys" when i get off their airplane. They can say "thanks" or "Go to Hell". I really don't care.
PB

Latest resources

Back