• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

G-IV overrun CYQX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Boy, if that is not the absolute truth. I know of BBJ pilots making $50,000.00 a year and King Air pilots making over $150,000.00 a year.

You're KIDDING!! How in the heck is this allowed and why don't you corporate types take a stand against it?????

You're KIDDING!! How in the heck is this allowed and why don't you corporate types take a stand against it?????

Because every one of our jobs is different. Some of us fly single aircraft, some of us have fleets of 5-10. Some of us fly 100 hours a year and 5-10 days per month, and some of us fly 600 hours per year and fly 20-25 days per year.

We have NBAA survey and Pro Pilot salary surveys to negotiate with, but all in all it is what you can negotiate.

Take a stand? Think about it. We have no union, bunches of out of work pilots and retired airline guys that want to play with corporate jets. You take too big of a stand and you find yourself handing the keys to the next guy.

Fractional guys have had a little more success with a "pay scale" since they have larger fleets and a large pilot group.

What we do have over the Airlines though, it that If I leave ABC corp flying a Gulfstream, and go to XYZ corp flying the same aircraft, I will not have to start over again at the bottom of the list as an F/O making 35K.

are you jackin us? are you really that un-informed?

Welll, pardon MOI for not being at the pinnacle of the corporate world information pipe line, "Sonny." Having never been a corporate pilot, I guess, yes, I really am misinformed on how you negotiate pay scales, if that's what indeed goes on. And I only have the airline world to compare it to.

Sheez! Folks weren't joking when I was told corporate guys can be pretty arrogant. Ask a simple question and get your head bitten off. Nevermind.

p.s. 400A, thanks for being one of the few guys here who took the time to provide some insight to a "misinformed noob."

p.s. 400A, thanks for being one of the few guys here who took the time to provide some insight to a "misinformed noob."

No Problem. My Dad and both brothers are airline guys. I am used to comparing common practices. We all enjoy comparing notes. Sometimes they do not understand parts of my job, and sometimes I do not understand the union issues since I am not in that side of the industry and am not informed enough to make an opinion on one of their issues.

Believe me though, the sensitive ego comments are made on BOTH sides of the fence. There are major ego's from some airline pilots, and major ego's in some corporate pilots. Percentage wise, I would bet similar amounts.

Welll, pardon MOI for not being at the pinnacle of the corporate world information pipe line, "Sonny." Having never been a corporate pilot, I guess, yes, I really am misinformed on how you negotiate pay scales, if that's what indeed goes on. And I only have the airline world to compare it to.

Sheez! Folks weren't joking when I was told corporate guys can be pretty arrogant. Ask a simple question and get your head bitten off. Nevermind.

"Sheeez folks Iz an airline pilot and dont get around the corporate folk much, so what do I know! - yawls sure are arrogant"

Hey pops no offense, but your inquiries were so patronizing and so stupid everyone assumed you were busting balls.

;)

"Sheeez folks Iz an airline pilot and don't get around the corporate folk much, so what do I know! - yawls sure are arrogant"

Hey pops no offense, but your inquiries were so patronizing and so stupid everyone assumed you were busting balls.

;)

I second that! Its one thing to ask a question and another to question how us corporate guys could let a king air pilot make more than a BBJ guy.

I am a big fan of the corporate structure which doesn't require years and years of sitting reserve in a sh#*bag city to make a living. Nothing against the airline guys (my pops is a 28 year legacy vet that is still a FO to get the schedule he wants) but its apples and oranges. I am more than pleased that my career is an never will be dictated by date of hire!

That said; what does any of this have to do with the original thread?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back