Future of the Airline Industry

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyingfool

Airline industry expert Kit Darby discusses the cyclical downturn that we are experiencing and the fact that we’ve seen this before and know hiring will return. He also stresses that this is the time to begin flight training so that prospective pilots will be qualified to enter the market when hiring increases in the near future.

Video here. It's about 30 minutes long.

He's still a ******************************...

Don't know much about this guy but word from major airline pilots is that he's a dumbas$. His reasoning is nothing genius, everyone knows it. Buy low, sell high. However, no one, with the exception of the emory dribble and other aviation reprograms are dumb enough to join this industry. No matter how cool it may be to have an office in the sky, that's pretty much the only good thing you can say about it. You still have life, family, qol to think about. With 50-100k in flight training, you can get an MBA or Law degree, or even become a doctor. Also this guy works for an employment agency, what else is he going to say??

Can people still even afford to learn how to fly? Between the increases in costs of fuel, insurance, etc making renting costs skyrocket and the fact that loans are a lot harder these days to get..... who out there besides a few trust fund kiddies can even afford to get all the required ratings?

I just deposited my last loan check for flight training hopefully. 13 grand Christ I hope it's enough and was a good decision.

Dude you should've just given me the 13 grand, i coulda kicked ya in balls a dozen times and that's about what you're gonna get from the regionals...

Egh there's other flying jobs besides the regionals but..... to you it may be ********************ty to me it's heaven... well until I start doing it I'm sure lol.

Egh there's other flying jobs besides the regionals but..... to you it may be ********************ty to me it's heaven... well until I start doing it I'm sure lol.
And right here is the problem with todays industry.
It continues to get worse and guys like this are still willing to shell out $100k for his ratings, accept sh*t wages all so he can say he flies a jet for a living. What a living it is. Try paying off your bills while making $17k a year.

Its guys like this that get through IOE, then bitch while sitting ready reserve because they are too good for it. Then bitch about how they have no money and claim they wouldn't have become a pilot if they knew this before they started their flight training....but they continues to stick around and take the abuse, and accept pay cuts because "What else am I going to do."
I've been looking for another job for the last two months. The first bite I get, I'm gone.
There are still a few of us out there that have too much respect for ourself and the industry to accept this ch*t lifestyle and the crap sandwich management hands down to us.

Ewwww, dude, you have totally been sold a pile of crap! "Heaven?" When??

Latest resources

Back