• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Future of the Airline Industry

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And right here is the problem with todays industry.
It continues to get worse and guys like this are still willing to shell out $100k for his ratings, accept sh*t wages all so he can say he flies a jet for a living. What a living it is. Try paying off your bills while making $17k a year.

Its guys like this that get through IOE, then bitch while sitting ready reserve because they are too good for it. Then bitch about how they have no money and claim they wouldn't have become a pilot if they knew this before they started their flight training....but they continues to stick around and take the abuse, and accept pay cuts because "What else am I going to do."
I've been looking for another job for the last two months. The first bite I get, I'm gone.
There are still a few of us out there that have too much respect for ourself and the industry to accept this ch*t lifestyle and the crap sandwich management hands down to us.

Bye bye, Rick. Maybe if you brought a little pride to your work you'd have made it. I mean, you've been b!tching about management since you couldn't make it at Chicago's finest flight training institution. Guess nobody should have expected more out of you.

T2S

Airline industry expert Kit Darby discusses the cyclical downturn that we are experiencing and the fact that we’ve seen this before and know hiring will return. He also stresses that this is the time to begin flight training so that prospective pilots will be qualified to enter the market when hiring increases in the near future.

Video here. It's about 30 minutes long.

The airline industry will have a future, we just don't know what kind. Very few people under 70 or 80 years of age have seen a economy like the one we are presently in. If they say they have, they are in denial or they are a liar.

Bye bye, Rick. Maybe if you brought a little pride to your work you'd have made it. I mean, you've been b!tching about management since you couldn't make it at Chicago's finest flight training institution. Guess nobody should have expected more out of you.

T2S
And which institution would this have been?

Of course Kit Darby would say this. That's what he does. That's how he makes his $$. I wouldn't put too much stock into it.

Interestingly enough, I was talking to a friend of mine this week who is on the faculty for an aviation program at a private university. He said that even now they have more people applying to the program than they can accept. I was surprised to hear that!

And right here is the problem with todays industry.
It continues to get worse and guys like this are still willing to shell out $100k for his ratings, accept sh*t wages all so he can say he flies a jet for a living. What a living it is. Try paying off your bills while making $17k a year.

Its guys like this that get through IOE, then bitch while sitting ready reserve because they are too good for it. Then bitch about how they have no money and claim they wouldn't have become a pilot if they knew this before they started their flight training....but they continues to stick around and take the abuse, and accept pay cuts because "What else am I going to do."
I've been looking for another job for the last two months. The first bite I get, I'm gone.
There are still a few of us out there that have too much respect for ourself and the industry to accept this ch*t lifestyle and the crap sandwich management hands down to us.
Dude,
Just quit!
PBR

Last edited:
If they were to close, however unlikely I would find another job.
Is there any job out there that does not have the risk of being lost?
And its not a fancy job, just look plenty of them out there.

I had 3 previous corporate flying jobs that I loved, and thought them very "unlikely" to close...right up until the day the boss told me they were selling the airplanes out from under me.

And which institution would this have been?
I think timetospare is referring to Palwaukee Flyers. I've heard he is related to the owner and that is why he keeps plugging for them. Heck...maybe he's an instructor for them. Premier? Far from what I've heard.

I had 3 previous corporate flying jobs that I loved, and thought them very "unlikely" to close...right up until the day the boss told me they were selling the airplanes out from under me.
Well I cant really give out to many details, but I really dont think this one is going anywhere. However if it does then I will take my lumps and move on, I am very content.

Money is great an all but it means ******************** to me. I know im going back home with the parents for a year to pay off my loans. On top of it there is other jobs outside regionals. I have a good set of networks that can get me into better than 20k a year jobs. Plus I didn't pay 100k for my college career thanks to the air force for helping me out. If your so unhappy please leave your unhappiness brings the industry down. If its so bad do something about it or just leave.

Latest resources

Back