• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Future AMR/B6 timeline....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"TWA's sell out". Excuse me! Are you kidding me!

Don't be a mc******************************!
Breath... Breath... one more... ok. now read the sarcasm in that WHOLE POST. This is the crap our managment says.

:beer: now go have a cold one and relax.

HAHAHA, I got sensored.

Lake Alice;2265435 First Dave Barger has been open about quoting and touting a relationship with Frank Lorenzo. He has stated multiple time he learned a great deal from the man. Please post an article or viideo of him doing soo.....[/QUOTE said:
Dave went from gate agent in 1982 at New York Air, to Director of Stations at New York Air in 6 short years, under Frank Lorenzo's ownership, then got rolled into Lorenzo's Continental management team and became a Vice President.

Frank hated all representation and so does your religious icon Dave. The apple falls not far from the tree. Dave is Frank, and Frank is Dave.

Been kicked in the teeth lately?

I tried to find the JTTP where he made the statement but I was unable. If I'm not mistaken he also referenced the relationship during last years state of the airline.

I guess Dave was off the day Frank
handed out the golden parachutes
prior to his departure.
He'd be a fool ever to mention Lorenzo's
name to any pilot. Did he see the bad and the good(?)
from the man, I'm sure he did.
Just as you do when you fly with the worst pilot in the base.
Does that make you a crappy pilot too?

I've never heard him mention Lorenzo by name , but he definitely likes to talk about all his experience he got from New York Air. That is just about the same as using Frankie's name.

A union is coming the same as a merger. It WILL happen. Our best hope is that it happens in time to make McCaskill/Bond apply to us.

If AA buys us, we are going to get stapled. If we have a CBA and get SUPER lucky a few high up captains might get a bit of integration. 190 guys and all FO's are going to get stapled, though. That's just the way it is. Our PEA vs. the APA? That's a no brainer. If we have a CBA, though, at least we'll be put ahead of any furloughs not on property.

The APA doesn't hate us, it is simply their job to get the best deal possible for their members. Barger doesn't hate us any more than I hate him. He is just doing his job, which is to maximize shareholder value. He's there to make money for the company, NOT to take care of the employees.

The thing that gets me is this: NOBODY in the entire industry has looked at WN, how they run their heavily unionized shop, how they treat their employees with tops in the industry pay and benefits, and said "you know, that's not a bad idea, maybe we should try that. Our employees will work their butts off!" It would be a novel idea if B6 management, or any airline management for that matter would give that a shot.

I'm probably dreaming, though.

APAs contract requires recall of ALL furloughees prior to any OAL acquisitions. Most of the furloughees are former TWA, so they may not fight quite so hard as they have in the past, but I think they don't want to set the precedent of caving on this one.

Your milage may vary

APAs contract requires recall of ALL furloughees prior to any OAL acquisitions. Most of the furloughees are former TWA, so they may not fight quite so hard as they have in the past, but I think they don't want to set the precedent of caving on this one.

Your milage may vary

APA's contract is about to change too. I would be shocked if that survives.

The difference between TWA and B6 would be that B6 adds value to the corporation. TWA was a big looser to the corporation. Within a couple of years AA was back to it's original size and blew a billion bucks for nothing.

The last take rate for recalls was about 15%. I suspect that would go deep into the single digits now if there were to recall.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back