• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Future AMR/B6 timeline....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anybody know why Barger felt it was worth repeating twice during the SOTA that we must work very "AGGRESSIVELY" to avoid participating in a merger/acquisition? If it isn't going to happen because of his "intent" and the "moat", why do we have to work so "AGGRESSIVELY"? It sounds to me like there is something already in play.

Still here at 12 years without a M/A... Can't say that for ASA, America West, Airtran, Colgan, Continental, Delta, Eastern, Frontier, Mesaba, Midwest, Northwest, PanAm, Pinnacle, Southwest, Skywest, TWA, United, US Airways-- or all the dead ones like ACA (Indiair), Skybus, Southeastern or the newly bankrupt AMR and Eagle, World Airways (North American)... I'd say we're doing just fine... But that's just my opinion based on a laundry list of facts. You can go ahead and continue to speculate as you are so well at doing...

Great post. You make a good point. 12 yrs is a long time to stand alone. However all those companies were at one point profitable expanding places... Until they weren't... All those companies have a story. Many were top notch places at one point. 12 yrs barely gets us out of the stone age. You talk like we've been around for 120 yrs and can't die...

Ya know, I truly hope your right. Odds are and history says your not. But for all of us here I hope you are right.

Anybody know why Barger felt it was worth repeating twice during the SOTA that we must work very "AGGRESSIVELY" to avoid participating in a merger/acquisition? If it isn't going to happen because of his "intent" and the "moat", why do we have to work so "AGGRESSIVELY"? It sounds to me like there is something already in play.

Barger doesn't have a damn thing to do with it. Soon as the right offer comes along, the BOD will take their money and run.

Just better hope like he'll we get a union before that happens.

It is GOING to happen. Just a question of who and when. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.

Still here at 12 years without a M/A... Can't say that for ASA, America West, Airtran, Colgan, Continental, Delta, Eastern, Frontier, Mesaba, Midwest, Northwest, PanAm, Pinnacle, Southwest, Skywest, TWA, United, US Airways-- or all the dead ones like ACA (Indiair), Skybus, Southeastern or the newly bankrupt AMR and Eagle, World Airways (North American)... I'd say we're doing just fine... But that's just my opinion based on a laundry list of facts. You can go ahead and continue to speculate as you are so well at doing...

Still here after 12 years with below industry standard pay, benefits, retirement, merger protection, STD/LTD/LOL...but you'd say we're doing just fine. I guess when you use mil medical and mil retirement you don't need JetBlues. For that matter why should you try and help others unless it's with their taxi speeds.

A union is coming the same as a merger. It WILL happen. Our best hope is that it happens in time to make McCaskill/Bond apply to us.

If AA buys us, we are going to get stapled. If we have a CBA and get SUPER lucky a few high up captains might get a bit of integration. 190 guys and all FO's are going to get stapled, though. That's just the way it is. Our PEA vs. the APA? That's a no brainer. If we have a CBA, though, at least we'll be put ahead of any furloughs not on property.

The APA doesn't hate us, it is simply their job to get the best deal possible for their members. Barger doesn't hate us any more than I hate him. He is just doing his job, which is to maximize shareholder value. He's there to make money for the company, NOT to take care of the employees.

The thing that gets me is this: NOBODY in the entire industry has looked at WN, how they run their heavily unionized shop, how they treat their employees with tops in the industry pay and benefits, and said "you know, that's not a bad idea, maybe we should try that. Our employees will work their butts off!" It would be a novel idea if B6 management, or any airline management for that matter would give that a shot.

I'm probably dreaming, though.

That's right. All I know is the UCMJ and General Orders of the Sentry. Me just dumb Navy guy.

There have been at least five "solid" rumors of us being bought since I've been here. Should I freak out at all of them? If/when it happens, there is nothing I can do about it. Until then I'm not going to get an ulcer wondering when the M/A/buyout is going to be announced.

I have read "Flying the Line", I'm well aware of what's going on in the industry, and I have already sent in my interest card - third time. Your "milspec" labeling makes you sound ignorant.

His J32 moniker makes him sound MORE ignorant...

The idiots are the no voters. You can't pigeon hole an entire group because of their background. We have good/bad mil, corp, frac, regional, major pilots.

Latest resources

Back