Furloughs at FLOP's????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
confirmed

I'm former FLOPS, one of my best friends just called and he got the phone call from CGF today. Being paid thru December.

:(

548. 104 pilots and 20 to 30 management layed off.

92 Beechjet SIC's + 12 Hawker SIC's for those who care about the breakdown.

538 Pilots
-102 (or 22%) furloughed in inverse seniority
---------
436 Remaining

The only good news is that they will get 6 weeks of pay, PTO payout, medical through January, and they retain "recall" rights for 7 years.

btw, I doubt there was 20 to 30 Management axed, but there probably were 20 to 30 Staff axed. I don't don't know if they have recall rights

Last edited:
92 Beechjet SIC's + 12 Hawker SIC's for those who care about the breakdown.

538 Pilots
-102 (or 22%) furloughed in inverse seniority
---------
436 Remaining

I usually say "damn this industry", but these days airline/corporate shaninagans don't apply anymore. People are getting the axe everywhere. If your job isn't safe at Citigroup or General Electric, your job isn't safe anywhere. Nobody is inmune to this mess we're in.

I can't even begin to imagine how furloughed FLOPS pilots must feel, you worked under a crappy contract for so long, now this. Talk about getting kicked while you're down.

At this point all I can say is, best of luck, hope you find something soon, and better.

Just got a call from one of my buddy's today too. Sorry to hear it guys. I hope yall can find something next year! I wish this would be the end but I have a fealing this isn't the last furloughs this year in our industry...

Latest resources

Back