• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughs at FLOP's????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yea, it is pretty rough! I had a few really good friends get the call today. It really is tough to watch this happen and the devistation that goes along with it.

This sux. Sorry for those effected at FLOPS.

Saw a Flt Ops pilot in SAN today, said that it was done by seniority. Real sorry to hear it going this way, it must be bad to do it right before the holiday travel season.

I'll hold a good thought for all of you, and post what I find along the way.

Chris

A loss for words

Flight Options guys/gals/friends,

Don't know what to say except that all of your friends are looking out for you as well. No doubt the job market is tough, but many friends have been made throughout the years. Now is the time to reach out to every single person you know in aviation so that they know you are looking for a job. Networking is everything, I know I have a few friends that were already furloughed from other airlines still having a tough time finding something. But I want every person I know who is furloughed from flight school days to pro pilot days to let me know so I can keep an eye out for appropriate openings.

I am very sorry to hear this news. Pretty low on Flight Options part to take in monthly management fees designed to ALWAYS pay fractional pilot salaries and put that money in their pocket instead of yours. I'm disgusted... Uncle Ken always said Flight Options is more profitable when owners don't fly. That's the business model that is so attractive to great pilots seeking stable employment.

You are all great pilots; no matter where I end up in life I will always remember the fantastic crews of Flight Options.

Please go make a list of every person you've ever known in aviation and find their email address, or home address (landings.com still has an address database). I hope to hear from you and hope I know someone who knows someone who can help.

Bummer. was it in seniority order?

best of luck

It was done in the order that was agreed upon with the Union as per the tentative agreement in section 7 . of the future contract.

It seems to me that it was just a response to the current economic conditions and has nothing to do with the union or contract negotiations.

I can't say that we didn't see it coming with the drastic drop off in flying in October. If anyone is to blame it is those on Wall Street who put the whole world economy in a tail spin.

Words can't express how sorry I am for the 104 Flight Options pilots. My thoughts and prayers are with those pilots and families that are affected by the layoff.

I am hopeful that this economy will turn around soon so that all that are affected will be back flying with us and we can start growing this company.

Stay strong and good luck.

Latest resources

Back