• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Furloughs at FLOP's????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't you think that the military people already know they can go back to the reserves.

You want help start networking like a mofo. Don't stop, don't sit at home and don't start drinking. Join places like propilotworld..com and other networking sites.

For those that don't have the military fall back option or are two old or have to many STD's there are quite a few contracting companies that will help in the short short term.

Join places like propilotworld..com and other networking sites.
This is a great advice, BUT, know that any kind of bickering/namecalling a'la FI style is not accepted over there. You will be back out into the cold quicker than you got in :smash: .

It's an awesome site with a great group of people, and that's the way us over there want to keep it.

Just a "FYI". Good luck to everyone on the hunt:beer: .

Don't you think that the military people already know they can go back to the reserves.

You want help start networking like a mofo. Don't stop, don't sit at home and don't start drinking. Join places like propilotworld..com and other networking sites.

For those that don't have the military fall back option or are two old or have to many STD's there are quite a few contracting companies that will help in the short short term.

Not any more than anyone flying for an airline or fractional knows they can go corporate. Guard and reserve oportunities go thru feast and famine cycles and getting a flying position in the reserves or guard, particularly when times are tough, often requires connections. It's not a matter of calling the recruiter and saying "sign me up," it's more like wrangling a corporate job.

so they lay-off pilots(who do all the work) and yet management keeps thier jobs AND their salary?

and they say unions are evil.....RIGHT!!!

I asked Salata that question when he delivered the news to me. His response was 'yes' we will be selling aircraft for working capital. We can always buy aircraft when things pick up...

Now who would want to buy a bunch of old Beech Jets for cheap? :rolleyes:

If only there was a company in the Cleveland area who was looking for Beech Jets to up grade with new engines and avionics then sell them when the economy picks up again. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Now who would want to buy a bunch of old Beech Jets for cheap? :rolleyes:

If only there was a company in the Cleveland area who was looking for Beech Jets to up grade with new engines and avionics then sell them when the economy pick up again. :rolleyes:

That's what I was thinking too...

Here's my prediction for FLOPS
''Ricci was on the premises when the RIFs occurred. Does anyone really think he had no control over it?

Now Sheeringa is gone. Bad Michael. Michael is gone, but his policy remains.

Ricci arrives with his phony assed toothy grin. He throws some food at the pilots and hires back the 70 that he helped fire. I haven’t forgotten the 128 non pilots. But, management and support was top heavy and needed to be trimmed anyway.

Now Ricci is personally negotiating in good faith. Well, maybe.

Ricci will eventually reach a stalling point in negotiations. The mediator will release us to self help.

A strike will never happen. Between the kool-aid crowd, the crew meal fat bodies, and those just happy to have a job (or their job back), we’ll return to the days of the CULTure.

Are we smart enough to see through what’s happening? I don’t think so.

Prove me wrong. Please!!''

------------------------------------------------

Are you starting to believe me now? He even brought back the King of Fat Bodies to set an example for everyone.

If you've never listened to your MEC, now's the time to start.

Latest resources

Back