furloughed ual hired by usa 3000

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CCDisco

4 Thousand might be a closer number to what Jetblue and Air Tran companies have on hand.

The fact is that it has little to do with their time or type. Furloughees for the big 4 have little chance of getting hired compared to others.

I did a study on UPAS members once and the average was 3600 hours so at half were well above that and with a ton of jet and heavy jet time during the period when pilots were supposedly hard to find.

WOW!

Makes me grateful I am employed. FedEx was a great choice. Hard to ingest everything I have read on this post. Guess the late nights aren't such a big deal anymore? Huh?

Compared to others

I did not say could not, I said would not compared to others.

Some will not take them at all. Some will say no problem and still not take them. Two people with comparative levels of skill and times and they are going to take the one who does not have a senority number at a big 4 compared to one who does not.

Fedex is an example-- so would be Netjets although they have taken some.

My apologies to anyone that mis-took my short message. I was just tired of everyone slamming FedEx. Since 9/11, I have assisted 15 people (most referred by pilot friends at other majors) get interviews at FedEx and Flight Options. Just about each is now employed or in a pool. If it was in my control, there would not/never be an umployed pilot in this country! We are hired 45 more thru July. Keep updating every 30 days (per Kim Daniels).

I haven't noticed anyone slamming FedEx...anywhere.

I have noticed folks disappointed by the fact that FedEx, generally, will not interview furloughed pilots. Even clowns like me, who have had their online app in ever since the online thing started (about 2 years ago), have subsequently been hired and furloughed by a major, won't get called by FedEx.

I suppose this discussion has veared away from the original topic.:rolleyes:

Again?

Publisher, you are always trying to come up with some sort of way to make a major airline pilot seem so horrible, weather they are getting a paycheck or sitting on the street. Figures don't lie, but liars figure.......

me

You act like I was the one saying this when there were thread after thread earlier in the year that dealt with just that along with those requiring resignation letters etc.

If it was not the case, how would so many still be hired with far less times than are avialable out on the street.

me

You act like I was the one saying this when there were thread after thread earlier in the year that dealt with just that along with those requiring resignation letters etc.

If it was not the case, how would so many still be hired with far less times than are avialable out on the street.

Because not every furloughed pilot with a lot of experience is willing to work for just any old scumbag outfit. A lot of the hiring that goes on is being done by less than respectable operators, and most anyone who's payed their dues along the way will hold out for better while working in a different part of the industry - be it corporate, freight, or whatever.

This is a lot different than having "little chance of getting hired compared to others." You know, prospective employees interview their prospective employers too, and some employers don't make it to the "resume mailing" to begin with.

Latest resources

Back