Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Funniest Thing You've Heard on the Radio?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A couple weeks ago, an RJ pilot let out a little slip toward ground control. Instead of reading back "go down hotel" he blurted out "go to he!!, uh, I mean...."

RJ holding short...

Big brother landed and said "how's the recycled jet coming along"

RJ holding short said "with another landing like that we will have all the parts we need".

Last edited:
Heard one of our DC-9's report "9-miles, 5-right, for the option"

The tower controller comes back, "You want the option...and not a full stop?"

Our guy: "This is the first landing for the captain, and I'm not sure what's gonna happen!"

Leaving SFO and on initial contact with NorCal, my FO told the controller that he "sounded broken up". The guy told him that his wife had just left him and the Giants were losing, but to go ahead and climb and maintain 10k.

We were going to SFO with things backed up and Oakland center tossed us in the stack at STINS with a mess of heavies coming in over the pond. The controller had a bunch of us and he was giving a lot of heading and speed assigments to a swarm of tired asian pilots and it wasn't working. He kept coming back to us and we were keeping part of his plan together. The STINS arrival is for turbojets and the controller asked us for 250kts and a heading and I quickly replied "Standby,... Scottie, I need 250kts" and then transmitted in my best "Scottie" voice, "Capn, I'll giver all she's got, but we just ain't gonna get 250 outta her" then I told the controller "Unable 250kts" The guy about busted a nut laughing and appologized for forgeting that we were a Brasilia. Got direct SFO, contact NorCal, and have a great night "Capn".

Last week going into SEA there was a Speedbird flight ahead of us and the guy on the radio had the hardest Irish accent I'd ever heard. I was the NFP and after I heard one of his transmissions I asked the FO, "Have you seen my Lucky Charms?". I think center thought we were being attacked as it took us a while to be able to get any words out to them as we were in tears laughing so hard. The guys on center were also having a hard time and made several "extra" calls to him just to hear him talk. You could hear the laughter just rolling down the consoles every time they talked to them.

"PAYED" is the final approach fix for 4L at KDTW. My CA was a French native and checked in with tower, "Over PAYED, 4L" The tower came back, "Mesaba XXXX did you say you're overpaid?" My Captain, not getting the joke, got all nervous, sat up and replied, "Affirmative, over PAYED." I got the joke, but didn't mention it. On landing, I went way long and we missed the usual turn off. Tower told us to turn right at the next highspeed and call ground. I replied, "Yeah, landing long is the only way we get overpaid." He chuckled at sent us on our way.

Not a classic, but rather amusing.

Here's one:
My FO and I are waiting to push back out of IAD and were throwing smart remarks back and fourth about the frickin idiots who run the ramp and how they should clean the place out and replace them with people that are competant on doing their jobs correctly. Then my FO starts to comment about the push back driver looks like Osama....then suddenly in the corner of my eye I see this middle finger coming up from the tug...we then realized that the tug driver was plugged in. Ooooops!

Latest resources

Back