• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fun to/from KLAX today!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Uh, I must be missing something. Let me see, light ice and a little bumpy....Sounds scarrrrreeeeeyyyy.

BizPilot said:
LAX UUA /OV LAX/TM 2143/FL000/TP B757/RM LLWS +-15KTS ON FINAL RY7RCRQ UA /OV OCN090020-OCN090030/TM 2202/FL070/TP MO20/IC LGT RIMERAL UA /OV HDF /TM 2207 /FL 110 /TP C414 /TA M11 /IC LGT RIMELAX UA /OV LAX090025/TM 2215/FL120/TP MD80/IC LGT RIME 120-090/RM DURD LAXSNA UA /OV ELB150005 /TM 2225 /FL 060 /TP C414 /TB MOD /RM HAIL BY SCTPMD UA /OV PMD180015 /TM 2318 /FL 095 /TP H58 /IC LGT MX Glad I made it in/out in one piece!!!!!!!!!

Hey bud try flying the midwest in winter and during thunderstrom birthing season sheesh! Close all arrivals to EXLAX theres a storm nearby.WAHHHHHHHHHHH. Fly a couple winters in the UP and then complain wuss or into DSM when dark magenta looks safer than the stuff not returning.

Guys help me out here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Biz pilot radio call:http://info.fuw.edu.pl/multimedia/sounds.animals/hen-3.au
Jobear

Last edited:
jobear said:
Hey bud try flying the midwest in winter and during thunderstrom birthing season sheesh! Close all arrivals to EXLAX theres a storm nearby.WAHHHHHHHHHHH. Fly a couple winters in the UP and then complain wuss or into DSM when dark magenta looks safer than the stuff not returning.

Are you mixin' booze with your pills again Jobear?? :D

no booze just Valium and Vicodine or however you spell it......

These are the same kind of "academy PFT" pilots with 0 IMC that fly RJ's with zero icing experience that turn into a lawn dart at the first sign of frost on the windscreen, pathetic! Thank God I own my own plane.

How the hell do these guys get a license to fly passengers?

2500 hrs? Ya right. :rolleyes:

TDTURBO said:
These are the same kind of "academy PFT" pilots with 0 IMC that fly RJ's with zero icing experience that turn into a lawn dart at the first sign of frost on the windscreen, pathetic! Thank God I own my own plane.

How the hell do these guys get a license to fly passengers?

2500 hrs? Ya right. :rolleyes:

Wow, I did'nt realize that RJ's were a single pilot operation.
Where is your evidance?
In Europe it is normal for an ab initio pilot to enter the right seat with as little as 250 hours total time. It all comes down to the quality of training received. A pilot could have a lot of total time gained as an instructor in single engine aircraft and never have been in icing conditions. Total hours do not make a good pilot, type of training and experiance do. I have seen many low time pilots while conducting IOE that were very good pilots, I have also seen some high time pilots who could not talk on the radio. At some point in their airline career pilots will experiance winter ops, it's a given. Turbojet transports have many ice protection systems some fully automatic. Training is always given in the area of winter ops probably more than you have in the "private" sector.

250 hours, quality of training, right seat RJ?

I have heard all of these things together. 250 hours no matter what type of training you have you do not have enough experience to fly an RJ or anything elese that fast.

As far as the pilot reports go, I would be excited to see those in the Chicago area.

siucavflight said:
250 hours, quality of training, right seat RJ?

I have heard all of these things together. 250 hours no matter what type of training you have you do not have enough experience to fly an RJ or anything elese that fast.

Your argument does not hold water because 250+ hour pilots are flying fast equipment safely in Europe. Experiance is gained from the right seat.

I am not saying that it is not possible to be done safely. All that I am saying is that the margin of safety is less for someone who does not have the EXPERIENCE needed to deal with the situations that may arrise.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back