• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fun to/from KLAX today!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But where is the evidance to support your claim regarding EXPERIANCE?
All you are stating is opinion without any factual basis.

the Captain usally has 7000+ hours to baby sit the the gear jerk(er)

TDTURBO said:
These are the same kind of "academy PFT" pilots with 0 IMC that fly RJ's with zero icing experience that turn into a lawn dart at the first sign of frost on the windscreen, pathetic! Thank God I own my own plane.

I'm curious to know how you came up with this educated response? Unless your 700+ is a lot of +, It doesn't seem like you even have the time to qualify for one of those right seat RJ slots.

The fact of the matter is an RJ is the perfect airplane to lean about icing in. You start picking up ice, it goes ding and tells you so.

You guys are all missing the point here. He's flying a twin Cessna - of course he feels lucky to make it out alive! :D

Britpilot said:
Wow, I did'nt realize that RJ's were a single pilot operation.
Where is your evidance?
In Europe it is normal for an ab initio pilot to enter the right seat with as little as 250 hours total time. It all comes down to the quality of training received. A pilot could have a lot of total time gained as an instructor in single engine aircraft and never have been in icing conditions. Total hours do not make a good pilot, type of training and experiance do. I have seen many low time pilots while conducting IOE that were very good pilots, I have also seen some high time pilots who could not talk on the radio. At some point in their airline career pilots will experiance winter ops, it's a given. Turbojet transports have many ice protection systems some fully automatic. Training is always given in the area of winter ops probably more than you have in the "private" sector.

Britpilot said:
Wow, I did'nt realize that RJ's were a single pilot operation.
Where is your evidance? In Europe it is normal for an ab initio pilot to enter the right seat with as little as 250 hours total time.

I guess if you think flying an RJ with a guy/girl with 250 hrs isn't single pilot than what is?

Exactly my point, and where did i say an RJ is single pilot? The point was that PFT fags have no experience with single pilot low IFR in singles. Go ahaed and fly with them, it's your life. Anybody can buy a rating, not everybody can fly a single IFR internationally for a thousand hrs without getting killed before moving up to a twin then to a CFI then to cargo then to an RJ, get it? I want guys with experience flying my family around, not some rich punk stealing a seat away from some guy that earned it, that's all I'm saying.

Last edited:
I bet those ER guys in AZ and FL are getting loads of actual and icing when they graduate too.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
chperplt said:
It doesn't seem like you even have the time to qualify for one of those right seat RJ slots.

Are you kidding? Time and experience are two very different things. With over a thousand hrs and 250 of it being hard IFR flying internationally all in the left seat I guess I would do OK.

TDTURBO said:
Are you kidding? Time and experience are two very different things. With over a thousand hrs and 250 of it being hard IFR flying internationally all in the left seat I guess I would do OK.

Wow a whole 250 hours of "hard IFR" yep you really are an ace.:rolleyes:

TDTURBO said:
I guess if you think flying an RJ with a guy/girl with 250 hrs isn't single pilot than what is?

Anybody can buy a rating, not everybody can fly a single IFR internationally for a thousand hrs without getting killed before moving up to a twin then to a CFI then to cargo then to an RJ, get it?

No, I don't "get it" and neither do you.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back