• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fully developed stall, is it safe???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
a 52 as we all probably know will recover from a stall and a spin on its own. go up to like 8000 in one and try it

Kream926 said:
a 52 as we all probably know will recover from a stall and a spin on its own. go up to like 8000 in one and try it

I'm sure you didn't mean to tell a student pilot with 10.3 hours to practice spins on his own. Recover on it's own? Yeah, it'll recover into a steep spiral and a few seconds later you're doing 140 knots, thinking gee this is fun! Get some spin training first.

UnAnswerd said:
We've stalled the airplane, but recovered very quickly. I can't explain it, but part of me wants to experience a fully developed stall, with a prolonged recovery. In short, I want to experience what it's like to drop like a rock. Maybe my instructor wont do this, but I was thinking about trying it if and when I get my certificate.

First, is this safe??? The only thing I can think if is not to exceed VNE, and not to induce a secondary stall by pulling out too fast. Anyone ever stall it, and just let it dive for a thousand feet or so????????
It doesn't dive when you stall...and it doesn't hurt the plane to remain stalled. In fact, the one I'm flying tomorrow has been stalled continiously for 36 hours this weekend and it'll be just fine.

Flightist said:
I'm sure you didn't mean to tell a student pilot with 10.3 hours to practice spins on his own. Recover on it's own? Yeah, it'll recover into a steep spiral and a few seconds later you're doing 140 knots, thinking gee this is fun! Get some spin training first.

im not tellin him to go do one. they are not fun. i dont like them and never did during my cfi training. go read my post again. all isaid was a 52 recovers on its own.

edit: i should have put with an instructor, sorry

FN FAL said:
In fact, the one I'm flying tomorrow has been stalled continiously for 36 hours this weekend and it'll be just fine.

Mine is parked in a huge line of stalled aircraft on the ramp as we speak!
I do a stall every flight!

Hey, if you really want to do it right, don't gradually bring the nose up, waiting for the buffet, control slop etc. Get to 1.2VSo then haul it back with vigor. Any thing else is pretty whimpy.

Did I tell you about the overwhelmed student in the Citation (I was observing in the back) who had the stick shaker going at 400' on an ILS? He was a bit overwhelmed on that approach! (I was too)

what happened to RumpleTumbler?

Kream926 said:
they are not fun. i dont like them and never did during my cfi training.

Then you shouldn't be teaching. Or you should get some more spin training until you overcome your fear of the airplane. Seriously. You will transmit your fear to the student. Spin training is more than just being able to recover from an unintentional spin, it is about developing confidence in your self and your airplane.

nosehair said:
Then you shouldn't be teaching. Or you should get some more spin training until you overcome your fear of the airplane. Seriously. You will transmit your fear to the student. Spin training is more than just being able to recover from an unintentional spin, it is about developing confidence in your self and your airplane.

you it the nail on the head kinda. i think the only reason i dont like them was because my first CFI told me that he didnt like them either. i tont tell people i dont like them i just show 'em it and thats it. i dont like doing emergency aproaches at night really low. but i still do em.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back