• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hello all- Anyone know the best method to get your "foot in the door" at Frontier?
I sent a resume and cover letter via express mail last summer to a woman who was a V.P. in Human Resources. I followed up by leaving a voicemail message, but no response.

It looks like they may be using Airline apps.com to screen applicants- is this the only way they are doing interviews now?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

crashpad said:
I don't know anything about PO'd commuters and QX, but was referring to the ratio of cnx flights and profit lose to mainline...that's where the biggest grumblings seem to be coming from. Personally, I'd trade a ride in a 190 over an CRJ in a heartbeat...commencing laying pipe down.

Crashpad,
Are you referring to Cancelled flights on the QX side and profit loss as a result for F9 when you refer to grumblings? Where are these grumblings coming from?
Horizon's maintenance team in Denver heeps hitting performance targets
March 11, 2005

Horizon Air's Frontier JetExpress operation continues to hum along with dazzling reliability and on-time performance. The backbone of this well-oiled machine is the work of its maintenance and materials group.

If you ask Denver maintenance supervisor Jeff Elwood for secrets to the station's success, he'll tell you three:

The familiarity of an all CRJ-700 fleet.
The hub-and-spoke route system, which allows them to see every aircraft three times a day.
The meet-and-greet system, which involves having a mechanic meet every Frontier JetExpress flight that comes in.

If Frontier JetExpress meets or beats its on-time and reliability targets (or alternatively, beats Frontier's operational performance), Horizon receives incentive payments. It works the other way too: If Frontier JetExpress doesn't meet these requirements, Horizon pays a penalty fee.
“Right now, we're right on target,” Elwood said. “It definitely isn't easy, especially when you consider that you're dealing with weather in Denver, but we're up to the challenge.”

Through the first two months of the year, Frontier JetExpress is sporting a Horizon-controllable on-time performance of 96.2 percent (the goal is 92 percent) and a Horizon-controllable schedule reliability of 99.2 percent (the goal is 98 percent).

This article is several months old but QX has still received the incentive payments each measured period, as far as I know. It is fairly easy for QX to beat F9 with only 9 aircraft and a few gates versus F9 flying all over the country with 30+ jets.

There seems to be lots of misunderstanding with the Alaska/Horizon folks in the "native" Seattle/Portland side of the house, as well as many F9 pilots who don't really understand the relationship or how it is going. From the people who know, it all seems to go quite well.

I could see F9 deciding that QX is too expensive or the cost/benifit of having RJ's doesn't pencil. Above my pay grade. BTW, isn't the ERJ190 better compared to the 318? It is larger and carries 20-30 more people than the CRJ700. Never seen one but I hope it has more cabin space. No one ever said the CRJ was a comfort machine.

Yo Southbound,

Easy Big Guy! Most of us here don't understand the first thing about fee for departure etc. Me included.

By grumblings he just ment listening to people whine about walking ALLLL the way down to gate 56 to get on a beautiful QX tube and go to one of the garden spots you serve for us :) Oh and I'm about sure that we have a seven year deal with you guys that we can't just decide to sever on a whim.

ps - from an "inside source" October is 1st planned class with one/month for eight months. About 10 pilots/class. Hiring thru internet & internal LOR. More when I hear. Good Luck!

Last edited:
F9 Driver said:
Oh and I'm about sure that we have a seven year deal with you guys that we can't just decide to sever on a whim.

Actually it was a 12 year deal with 10 1/2 to go!!:eek:

I noticed you mispelled Kokanee which is a disservice to such a fine Canuck Swill...then you edited it out before I could act.

You need to another way to pass the time, nothing more dangerous than a bored pilot. Maybe you need some useless knowledge with which to wow your FO's.

http://www.snopes.com/info/top25uls.asp

We shall discuss the finer points of Fresno, Tulsa and OKC at our safety meeting this weekend.

I certainly hope this thread isn't an attempt to start some sort of dissention between F9 pilots and QX pilots - that type of b1tchy banter simply doesn't exist between the two pilot groups. Fact of the matter is, QX does an outstanding job for Frontier, and any inability to produce a profit from the QX side of things is not QX's fault, but is definitely F9's fault. That said, I'm happy to have Horizon doing our Express ops instead of Mesa (just as an example) - nice job, guys!

Southbound said:
I noticed you mispelled Kokanee which is a disservice to such a fine Canuck Swill...then you edited it out before I could act.

You need to another way to pass the time, nothing more dangerous than a bored pilot. Maybe you need some useless knowledge with which to wow your FO's.

http://www.snopes.com/info/top25uls.asp

We shall discuss the finer points of Fresno, Tulsa and OKC at our safety meeting this weekend.

Thought you were flying when I posted that. Hot spots in the CRJ - what a concept. I thought our brothers on B had the corner on that technology.

Thanks for the site, but I need my FOs focused at all times, and if I pick up anymore info I'll forget my phone number!

Try this for your free time. Sorry in advance!

http://www.popcap.com/gamepopup.php?theGame=diamondmine

I got a 12 of that Canuk Bud but you better bring more - That'll be gone long prior.

semperfido said:
good one CB :)

just got off a frontier flight and the tv saved the day-- had a screaming little infant in the same row. personal earplugs and tv - the only way to go. unless you like those screaming, whining babies, then go for it canyonblue.

swa is torture- you get the middle seat surrounded by the greyhound bus people with their screaming brats. no more swa if i can help it.

Not trying to flame here, but I've flown both airlines, as a customer and not a commuter. My choice is SWA. The prices at SWA are reasonable, I have yet to be late or rescheduled, and it's more point-to-point direct service which saves me a lot of time.

Frontier is professional too, but I have not been as satisfied with them, and choose not to fly them anymore.

I could care less about having a televisions and screaming babies. When I'm paying cash for my ticket I want to get there on time and with minimal hassles and delays. I'm usually involved in a book or a magazine anyway. I have sat next to people I didn't really care to be sitting next to on a few occasions, but so too on other carriers with assigned seating.

BTW, I've seen some "greyhound people" on the Frontier flights I have traveled on, as well as seeing them on just about every other airline as well.

Yo Clyde,

Almost 1000 posts / month! WOW!!!

Thanks for your input.

F9 Driver said:
Yo Clyde,

Almost 1000 posts / month! WOW!!!

Thanks for your input.

You're welcome.

Latest resources

Back