Frontier!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AnimalTale

Poolies, if u are still swimming, word in the crew room is that F9 will commence hiring in the Sept.-Nov. time frame. 8 new a/c for a total of 50-80 pilots. Thanks for being patient and I hope this is true.

Cya

Eight new a/c? I thought we were planned for three total for FY2006 ending March 2006. Funky FY start/end.

I'm happy if true, but I haven't heard any new/revised growth plans made public.

From a line check last week we are still planning to hire, but the check airman didn't know when.

Good luck all!

Heard there is the possibility of UP TO 8 new planes from an unnamed supplier. I'll believe it when they're on the sen. list. F9, love the avatar!

I hadn't heard about 8 either, but you never know. Hope it's true- I keep slipping numbers with the transitions coming over....

good company, but I have had 2 friends leave to go elsewhere, they told me that many others have left also for other airlines and they also told me that a few layed off United pilots plan to go back when thier number is called, plus many managers have left in the past year, most of what they told me is that there is very little expansion when compared to JetBlue and SouthWest who are expanding all over with many aircraft orders, plus it is a hard commute to DEN when you have no other options for alternate airports, and Frontier has no other pilot bases, but in general they are a good operation, just seems like they don't have the money to expand even though they have been around for 5 years more than JetBlue

We've had five pilots leave per union numbers. Two to Fed-Ex, two to UPS, and one to SWA. Could be higher but they're the numbers FAPA gave out. As for future plans of legacy folks - I have no clue.

According to everybody I talk to DEN is an easy commute unless you are settled in BFE.

The management at Frontier is in cash conservation mode. Cash is/will be king for now and ever. We have enough to hang out and watch the carnage with conservative growth planned.

We don't have the global domination gene that some others have, and I think we will do well because of that.

Our stated fleet plan is for 68 Airbi by '08. We have 49 or 47 (something like that) right now and a young seniority list. So if you are hired now you will be a FO for some time if you do the math with current numbers.

Last edited:
batsky2000 said:
good company, but I have had 2 friends leave to go elsewhere, they told me that many others have left also for other airlines and they also told me that a few layed off United pilots plan to go back when thier number is called, plus many managers have left in the past year, most of what they told me is that there is very little expansion when compared to JetBlue and SouthWest who are expanding all over with many aircraft orders, plus it is a hard commute to DEN when you have no other options for alternate airports, and Frontier has no other pilot bases, but in general they are a good operation, just seems like they don't have the money to expand even though they have been around for 5 years more than JetBlue

Think twice before you bail. The famous Terry K. tried to tell me I was screwing up back in '96. I paid for my misake for 6 years.
It's hard to find high quality airline management these days. I think in Denver I would stick with the A concourse.

F9 Driver said:
So if you are hired now you will be a FO for some time if you do the math with current numbers.

I don't mind being the FO, I just want to get off of reserve.

And the twist on the rumor I heard was that we were going to have 80 hired by October, not starting in.

Just overheard at 39,000 feet.

Jetsi

yaks said:
Heard there is the possibility of UP TO 8 new planes from an unnamed supplier. I'll believe it when they're on the sen. list. F9, love the avatar!
Embraer's 190 was in Denver on Tuesday...........hmmmm

Latest resources

Back