• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier/SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He is saying that as F9 shrinks the junior-most pilot will be the first to be furloughed, and then hired by WN. Conversely the most senior F9 pilot will be the last out and therefore the last to be hired at WN, thus inverting the seniority list at Frontier.

Not necessarily. They could give all the F9 pilots SWA seniority numbers then bring them on as F9 winds down.

Dont bet on it. I wish the F9 pilots the best of luck. If F9 plays there cards right they will be very happy. JMO

Yea, I remember something along those lines when SWA injected 50some million into ATA.... That was awsome. I think it lasted about 2 years? Not quite... life after SWA

Great business plan for SWA bad for everyone else.

Sounds like the consensus will be a Morris like integration. Pay protected but stapled to the bottom.

That should make most people happy. SWA F/Os don't get screwed and the Frontier Capts. get pay. Best you can get when getting bought out. Otherwise I think SWA will dump'em like the ATA crew.

Sounds like the consensus will be a Morris like integration. Pay protected but stapled to the bottom.

That should make most people happy. SWA F/Os don't get screwed and the Frontier Capts. get pay. Best you can get when getting bought out. Otherwise I think SWA will dump'em like the ATA crew.

Yes I can agree to that. It would be sad to see the F9 pilots on the street but I would perfer just like every JR SWA pilot or all would want, staple.

Why does SWA need to buy Frontier to compete in DEN?

They can't find 737's?
They need RJ's?
They don't know how to market seats?
Gate space?
They afraid of RAH?

It's not making much sense to me...

With SWAPA rejecting a 5 year agreement in early June this opens up any potential integration with Frontier pilots. Wouldn't it be something if Frontier insists that their pilots be integrated in a 1 for 2 or 1 for 3 slotting as part of any agreement to accept SWA proposal. Not sure if this is good or bad and for whom?

Why does SWA need to buy Frontier to compete in DEN?

They can't find 737's?
They need RJ's?
They don't know how to market seats?
Gate space?
They afraid of RAH?

It's not making much sense to me...

Here's why it makes sense.

1. Buying the competition is cheaper and much quicker than a protracted battle.
2. F9 flies international, SWA doesn't (but wants to).
3. F9 flies to ATL, SWA doesn't (but wants to).
4. F9 comes with Lynx, SWA wants a feeder system to takeover some of their smaller markets.

Latest resources

Back