• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Frontier/SWA

Dan Roman

Total Time
A precedence has been set that might be applicable here. When CO bought PeopleExpress they stapled the Captains to the bottom of the Captains list and everyone else to the bottom of the list. The PE pilots sued and won a more fair integration. The courts agreed you can't staple anyone and get away with it. At least that's my recollection of it.
My perception of the reason the TWA guys got screwed was they agreed to not fight it in court. The thinking, I guess was that if they didn't agree to AA's terms they were gone.
Food for thought anyway

DH2WN

Total Time
7000+
Sounds like SWA is going to run both airlines for a stint then phase out Frontier. THEN the Frontier employees can interview for their positions. SWA is very protective of their brand and culture. Don't think the pilots of Frontier suddenly won the lottery.

Dan Roman

Total Time
I think you may be right. Just seems to me that they might consider fighting this. The scenario you described essentially turns over their assets to SWA but not their asses. (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

slaquer5

Total Time
>19k
Sounds like SWA is going to run both airlines for a stint then phase out Frontier. THEN the Frontier employees can interview for their positions. SWA is very protective of their brand and culture. Don't think the pilots of Frontier suddenly won the lottery.

Dont bet on it. I wish the F9 pilots the best of luck. If F9 plays there cards right they will be very happy. JMO

Fubijaakr

Seniority is Forever
Total Time
Enough
Actually, if you consider the RAH alternative, F9 pilots DID win the lottery.

HalinTexas

昇る太陽の土&#
Total Time
10000+
SWAPA is the "house" and holds all the "cards." House always wins.

Bake

I LIKE THE GEEZER METER!!
Total Time
41 Tms
More important than anything, If we do somehow integrate 1 or all of the Frontier pilots, Welcome aboard. I buy the first beer.

SWA F/O

ACL65PILOT

Total Time
9000+
Looks like a run up in price of Frontier if RJET will play along.

swa737-700

Total Time
5000+

With this logic, the two most junior F9 pilots will be senior to the most senior F9 captains when all is said and done. This way does not pass the smell test.

ableone

Total Time
He is saying that as F9 shrinks the junior-most pilot will be the first to be furloughed, and then hired by WN. Conversely the most senior F9 pilot will be the last out and therefore the last to be hired at WN, thus inverting the seniority list at Frontier.

Fubijaakr

Seniority is Forever
Total Time
Enough
Not necessarily. They could give all the F9 pilots SWA seniority numbers then bring them on as F9 winds down.

BeachBummer

Total Time
.71yrs
Dont bet on it. I wish the F9 pilots the best of luck. If F9 plays there cards right they will be very happy. JMO

Yea, I remember something along those lines when SWA injected 50some million into ATA.... That was awsome. I think it lasted about 2 years? Not quite... life after SWA

Great business plan for SWA bad for everyone else.

DH2WN

Total Time
7000+
Sounds like the consensus will be a Morris like integration. Pay protected but stapled to the bottom.

That should make most people happy. SWA F/Os don't get screwed and the Frontier Capts. get pay. Best you can get when getting bought out. Otherwise I think SWA will dump'em like the ATA crew.

texman

Total Time
Sounds like the consensus will be a Morris like integration. Pay protected but stapled to the bottom.

That should make most people happy. SWA F/Os don't get screwed and the Frontier Capts. get pay. Best you can get when getting bought out. Otherwise I think SWA will dump'em like the ATA crew.

Yes I can agree to that. It would be sad to see the F9 pilots on the street but I would perfer just like every JR SWA pilot or all would want, staple.

Poahi

Total Time
Why does SWA need to buy Frontier to compete in DEN?

They can't find 737's?
They need RJ's?
They don't know how to market seats?
Gate space?
They afraid of RAH?

It's not making much sense to me...

fflyerworld

With SWAPA rejecting a 5 year agreement in early June this opens up any potential integration with Frontier pilots. Wouldn't it be something if Frontier insists that their pilots be integrated in a 1 for 2 or 1 for 3 slotting as part of any agreement to accept SWA proposal. Not sure if this is good or bad and for whom?

Fly-diver

That's one humble bumble!
Total Time
Why does SWA need to buy Frontier to compete in DEN?

They can't find 737's?
They need RJ's?
They don't know how to market seats?
Gate space?
They afraid of RAH?

It's not making much sense to me...

Here's why it makes sense.

1. Buying the competition is cheaper and much quicker than a protracted battle.
2. F9 flies international, SWA doesn't (but wants to).
3. F9 flies to ATL, SWA doesn't (but wants to).
4. F9 comes with Lynx, SWA wants a feeder system to takeover some of their smaller markets.