• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier secures DIP!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Has anyone stopped to think about what those "certain other conditions" might be. If this gets past the BK court, the company is going to come a 'knocking" for some more concessions."

You bet they are....and that's the $75 million question. This DIP deal could significantly alter F9. SM already stated that the makeup of the BOD will change. Holding onto our contract will be paramount. The "good will" of the employee groups can only go so far even amongst the thirstiest of Kool-Aid drinkers.

Good luck to all at Frontier, I hope you make it. The only downside I see here is that if you come out the other side a private equity company will own 79.9% of you. Ask the folks at Midwest what it's like to be owned by a private equity shop, these people are ruthless. The "conditions" to get the money may prove to be draconian.

Yes, even if it meant I were on the street.quote]

Pipejockey,

Who do you think you are fooling? Maybe yourself, but don't try to sell that BS to the rest of us.

If you think you should be the decider of the surviving carriers, and recommend that all employees of such carriers fall on their swords so that you can enjoy the rest of your...what 25 to 30 years was it? Maybe we ought to make that retroactive and have all the carriers that were in bankruptcy in the past just go away, afterall according to your logic they are the ones that drug the industry into its current state. Maybe all the pilots from any carrier that used the bankruptcy proccess should just shut quit for your career's sake. BTW, why would you want to take some of the most quality capacity out of the industry by recommending F9 go away. Why don't you recommend capacity from the crappy service carriers go away instead...or whould that adversely affect you?

USMC319;1638201Why don't you recommend capacity from the crappy service carriers go away instead...or whould that adversely affect you?[/quote said:
I already said, if it were my carrier so be it!! Any of us who do this for a living should be able to be successful elsewhere, as I will be. And as far as deciding who survives and who doesn't, shouldn't the ability to make enough money to be a going concern dictate that? If a company falls into bankruptcy then obviously they are not successful enough to survive. And sure, lets not limit it to 2 bankruptcy, lets eliminate all this bankruptcy protection period!!! I'm all for that. It's high time prices are charged for a service or product that at least covers costs, these fares have got to stop!!

Half of the flights I operate have standbys. Some days the standbys run up to 100 if there is just 1 cancellation due to weather and the ATC incompetence that is surely to follow. Yet our fearless leaders continue to pi** on our legs and tell us it's raining, saying they just cannot raise fares. I call bullsh*t!!!

Great news guys, all the best, I really hope you make it. Frontier is a class act airline and a group of pilots.

He's a cheese-head give him a break

This is great news to hear F9 has a great product along w/ many of my Laker buddies working there. I wish you giys the best.

Congratulations to the Frontier folks on the DIP. Someone I know from SWA asked me to say thanks to the F9 guys for the ride to GEG the other night. He also said the word on Denton Drive in DAL is that SWA management thinks F9 will be around. Take it FWIW.

For everyone else trashing on the F9 guys, why rain on their good news? It it doesn't turn out it will become obvious enough and we will read about it in USA Today. Until then we are all pilots and lets hope for the best.

They need RAH 170s to survive.

Was a great product for a great company

Latest resources

Back