• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier planes are being moved...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know everyone hates when mgmt sets up compensation for themselves if the company falls apart, but if they did not then they would all leave to "pursue other opportunities" and there would be no one left to mind the ship.

For a few folks to have a year's worth of severance to stick around is not that bad an idea.
You're talking about the very people that ran the company into the ground in the first place. The company would be better off paying the same money as a bonus to competent managers to replace the ones that will be getting the severance package.

My question is what "other opportunities" are these managers going to pursue in a decimated airline industry and a weakening economy? Where exactly are they going to go? If it's only about the money I'm sure many of these managers could have left the airline industry long ago to work in other industries that pay better. The fact is that there probably isn't many places for these managers to go; "retention" bonuses to managers are simply gifts. With all of the important things that need to get done in a reorganization the management team always has the time to look out for themselves. If the company reorganizes they will want an equity stake in the "new" company after the old one went TU on their watch. If the company was truly worried about rats jumping off of the ship there would be retention bonuses for everybody because airlines don't run without pilots, FA's, mechanics and dispatchers any better than they run without managers.

My personal opinion is that the upper management team that's in place when a company files for bankruptcy should be fired. What happened to the good old days when declaring bankruptcy was considered a bad thing?
Nothing would be lost if these "managers" left for other "opportunities". The plain fact is, most of them have no other opportunities. That's why they value the severance so highly.

No bankruptcy court should take one dollar out of the bankruptcy estate to pay a bonus to failed management. Period.

...bids are out for contractors to fly planes out of Den, looks like Jun 3 - Jun 7th. Good luck, I hope something changes, but I saw the flyaway package for 6 A319s DEN to China.

Hey there boss, just checkin in, any fuzzy animals on their way to China yet??? Larry and Jack love kung pao chicken :)

You're talking about the very people that ran the company into the ground in the first place. The company would be better off paying the same money as a bonus to competent managers to replace the ones that will be getting the severance package.

CitationUltra,
As usual, I will have to disagree with you. If you did your due diligence, you would have found that the management team trying to save Frontier is, by and large, not the same management team that put F9 in this predicament to begin with. As for the severence, I can only shrug.

CitationUltra,
As usual, I will have to disagree with you. If you did your due diligence, you would have found that the management team trying to save Frontier is, by and large, not the same management team that put F9 in this predicament to begin with. As for the severence, I can only shrug.
They've replaced two, maybe three of the SIXTY FIVE "managers" that will be subject to the severance dole at the end.

By and large, it is exactly the same "management team" that got them to where they are now.

I'm sorry, do you work here? Do you know who our managers are? How about sticking to your beautiful citation ultra, hopefully you know as much about your current job as you seem to think you know about all others.

Latest resources

Back