• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier planes are being moved...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know everyone hates when mgmt sets up compensation for themselves if the company falls apart, but if they did not then they would all leave to "pursue other opportunities" and there would be no one left to mind the ship.

For a few folks to have a year's worth of severance to stick around is not that bad an idea.

So let me get this straight, bids are of for F9 pilots to fly thier own airplanes to China?

There is some truth to this rumor, but the facts have been confused.

As a part of the concession package, we negotiated a contract that included a bid for discounted Panda Express Chinese food in terminal A. The 2% discount then directly funds our severance plan, or you get a free egg roll.

Hopefully this clears things up.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight, bids are of for F9 pilots to fly thier own airplanes to China?

First off, there is no confirmation that these are Frontier planes. And, I can assure you no Frontier pilots are flying planes to China. We did complete a sale of 4 planes 2 319's and 2 318's, to a international airline. Could be that this is part of that package deal.

No...they are looking for contract pilots to move them (outsourced).

I know everyone hates when mgmt sets up compensation for themselves if the company falls apart, but if they did not then they would all leave to "pursue other opportunities" and there would be no one left to mind the ship.

For a few folks to have a year's worth of severance to stick around is not that bad an idea.

So what is the reward for the guys flying the planes to hang around that year?
A kick in the A....?

Sounds like a great idea.

My question is what "other opportunities" are these managers going to pursue in a decimated airline industry and a weakening economy? Where exactly are they going to go? If it's only about the money I'm sure many of these managers could have left the airline industry long ago to work in other industries that pay better. The fact is that there probably isn't many places for these managers to go; "retention" bonuses to managers are simply gifts. With all of the important things that need to get done in a reorganization the management team always has the time to look out for themselves. If the company reorganizes they will want an equity stake in the "new" company after the old one went TU on their watch. If the company was truly worried about rats jumping off of the ship there would be retention bonuses for everybody because airlines don't run without pilots, FA's, mechanics and dispatchers any better than they run without managers.

My personal opinion is that the upper management team that's in place when a company files for bankruptcy should be fired. What happened to the good old days when declaring bankruptcy was considered a bad thing?

"I know everyone hates when mgmt sets up compensation for themselves if the company falls apart, but if they did not then they would all leave to "pursue other opportunities" and there would be no one left to mind the ship."

With Wharton pumping out freshly minted MBA's en-mass, it would be a blessing if most of the current industry executives went to "pursue other opportunities". Please do.

Last edited:
With Wharton pumping out freshly minted MBA's en-mass, it would be a blessing if most of the current industry executives went to "pursue other opportunities". Please do.

Are you sure the new generation of MBA's would be any less vicious than the current ones?

Latest resources

Back