Frontier Pilots "What Do You Think?"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SWA2000

Just wandering what some in your pilot group think about this news. Do you perceive it as a better deal than the Republic deal? I know it is early for speculation but the company (SW) has stated there will be no deal unless the labor groups can agree on something. I feel certain that the majority of our membership will push for stapeling with pay protections for the F9 pilots. I know some will say that SW will have to follow the A/M law but only if the company "goes it alone" without the labor groups on board. As it stands right now they have stated they want labor aggreements first. I understand your union President will be going to DAL on Monday. What is your message to him? Just curious if ya'll see this as a positive or negative. I hope if this deal does happen all jobs are saved and familys are taken care of at both airlines.

I just want to say to the Frontier guys that I look forward to working with them. I know you have a great culture over there and I'm sorry that things have not worked out. I am surprised to hear so many of my co-workers being a little confrontational about this whole thing. The truth is, we have no idea what will happen and there is always a vocal minority. If our companies become one, I think you will like the SWA culture too. I'm sure there will be many upset at both of our companies but many of them are impossible to please anyway. The majority looks forward to a fair partnership, and more prosperous times.

So why is allegheny/mowhawk not fair? If we start by assuming that there will be those on both sides that aren't happy with whatever deal ends up on the table, then why not use the court estalished recommendation

I won't mind working for SWA..but can i bid for planes that aren't painted purple...:p:laugh:

I just want to say to the Frontier guys that I look forward to working with them. I know you have a great culture over there and I'm sorry that things have not worked out. I am surprised to hear so many of my co-workers being a little confrontational about this whole thing. The truth is, we have no idea what will happen and there is always a vocal minority. If our companies become one, I think you will like the SWA culture too. I'm sure there will be many upset at both of our companies but many of them are impossible to please anyway. The majority looks forward to a fair partnership, and more prosperous times.

I think its just a vocal minority, most guys i talk to including myself are looking at this as a good deal and wan't a fair integration.

I think it is amusing to watch all this ridiculous speculation....Before ANYTHING of ANY substance has even happened. (?)

If , and when, some sort of Bid by SWA is accepted/rejected THEN it might be of some value to contemplate potentials.

Until then you remain, as always, a bunch of Jags engaging in just so much Mental Masturbation with a modicum of "Thumbs Up Your Own Azz Syndrome".

Let's see what happens first...and then cry about "My Career Expectations", "Your Airline Was Doomed Anyway", Etc., Etc., Etc., shall we?

Love,

YCGFYYSAH

Last edited:
Not correct that this is all idle speculation. The final deal SWA comes up with depends on whether or not SWAPA/FAPA can come to an agreement. If not, the SWA deal is off (according to the initial bid info). Now IS the time for the unions to hash this out. The leaders will be doing just that this week.

shootr

With 4 years seniority at F9 I think I can live with getting stapled as long as we get WN longevity pay. After my last furlough I have never really worried about getting a captain bid anywhere and have resigned myself to being a professional gear monkey for the majority of my career. The hardest thing for me, and I believe many other F9 guys, is the fact that we will probably not be able to hold DEN as a base for quite awhile (I am also a Colorado native, FWIW). Seems pretty unfair to me that we will probably be commuting to OAK (or wherever is most junior at WN) when DEN is OUR OWN BASE. This will be the majority of our guys since F9 has a lower percentage of commuters than most other airlines. WN will not even have a DEN domicile until after this transaction, no matter which way it goes. Perhaps we can have some sort of protection to keep us in the base even though our seniorty won't support it. TWA guys were protected in STL after the AA deal. Im sure there are some WN DEN guys that are commuting now and licking their chops over driving to work. I hope they think about us when they see us hanging out by the gate sweating to get the jumpseat for the west coast or wherever....

PS, save your sick days Animals, you may need them!

Latest resources

Back