• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier Pilots "What Do You Think?"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're right. There isn't a single similarity is there. :rolleyes: SWA isn't interested in eliminating competition in Denver.

I don't ever remember SWA offering to bid on ATA (as a whole company) or have labor group negotiations with them.

F9 guys, Plenty of SWA haters out there that are going to paint a picture of doom and gloom for you guys. I've always been impressed with your operation and look forward to working with you.

BTW, I know some of you guys may miss the automation of the bus, but all of our 700's now have the auto throttles turned on. By the time you transition, we should be using them for everything except autoland. Problem is were getting spoiled and dread climbing into a 300. But, we have started retiring and replacing them with new 700's.

Southwest is going to operate A319/320's now? I would be surprised if they did. If they do not plan on operating the Bus then why would they take the F9 pilots? I have a lot of friends at F9 but I am afraid this isn't going to be pretty. ATA all over again.

No SWA is not going to operate A319/320's. But they do say as they retire 1 Airbus it will be replaced with a 737. I do not believe we are that over staffed on pilots, every month I am on reserve I fly my ass off! Just as much as a line holder if not more. Maybe fat on Capt's but not FO's.

Some people here think that Allegheny+McCaskill will provide us with a fair and equitable integration under the law. I have far less than 100% faith that this is the case. As a 3 1/2 year guy, yet still in the bottom sixth of the entire list, even a pay protected staple reaps a whirlwind for me. And the prosepct of some sort of DEN base protection is even better.
I have nothing but the highest respect for the SWAPA pilots and understand that they will fight to protect what they have earned and created, just as we are trying to do. If only the outcome of all of this were up to us. We could all meet at Mr. C's and have this thing hashed out. But its not. Its up to Management and a judge named Drain. And they share the common primary goal of doing whats best for the bottom line. This, along with past Southwest acquisitions, is why my distrust of the deal is so strong, not any ounce of disrespect for fellow pilots. The most regrettable actions in our profession these days is the misdirected hostility of pilot to pilot anger. How often does any of the shyte that we put up with have roots in a decision a fellow pilot made?
The prospect of survivng these times and coming out on the other side as a part of an airline like Southwest seems almost too good to be true. And if it seems too good to be true, it almost always is. Absent some binding agreement betwen our unions this week, or some final 'pro-labor' slant by Drain as part of the deal, I think my days are seriously numbered.

If all the other F9 pilots think like you then this will happen. I agree with every thing you said. The Denver Base should be locked until all the aircraft are switched to the 737.

F9 guys, Plenty of SWA haters out there that are going to paint a picture of doom and gloom for you guys. I've always been impressed with your operation and look forward to working with you.

BTW, I know some of you guys may miss the automation of the bus, but all of our 700's now have the auto throttles turned on. By the time you transition, we should be using them for everything except autoland. Problem is were getting spoiled and dread climbing into a 300. But, we have started retiring and replacing them with new 700's.

Automation is nice...I don't think i would know how to fly anymore without A/T though. Not using them for autoland either huh, seems like that would be more of what they are designed for...there's my bus training coming into play. Can we put in a request to get the control column removed and a nice sidestick put in so i can keep all my wonderful legroom and my nice table? That i would miss.:( Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.

Latest resources

Back