• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier Pilots "What Do You Think?"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I personally think its an opportunity of a lifetime. I would welcome a staple and be very happy with it. Anything beyond that would be amazing, provided no one gets pissed off. As far as pay protection, I'm more than happy with that too. I feel like the luckiest guy in the world right now. I've interviewed at WN a while ago & didn't make it. I'm not saying that this scenario is the best way to get into WN, I would have rather been hired. I'm not complaining about anything, & hopeful things go down like we all think they will. I know the F9 pilots will be a great fit into WN. Were a pilot group that's not afraid to work hard and provide great customer service. Working for a Fortune 12 company amongst a compatible pilot group will create a thriving work environment.

Porch, we'd love to have you. Let's hope it all works out, and I look forward to flying with you out of DEN! :)

Just remember, we don't get paid by the hour, we get paid by the trip. I average about 115 to 120 trips per month.

Dick

me too. Should have be more clear. I made that income as a 4th year SWA FO. I'm just spit balling here, but I think that's a little better than RAH is offering.

I would gladly take a staple and pay protection (eight year captain), I have loved Frontier and have been very attached to it I wish things were different, love Denver even though I commute. My wife has been at SWA for 13 years and I am an AMA native, I have many many friends there (SWA) and hope things work out.

Southwest is going to operate A319/320's now? I would be surprised if they did. If they do not plan on operating the Bus then why would they take the F9 pilots? I have a lot of friends at F9 but I am afraid this isn't going to be pretty. ATA all over again.

ATA all over again.[/QUOTE said:
I've got an idea: From now on when anyone wants to bring up the SWA/ATA deal and compare it to the SWA/F9 deal, they must get a note from their lawyer that confirms they have been briefed and understand that there are almost no similarities in the two scenerios. Good? Ok.

SWA pilots; Don't let the posers on this board (Instructor Dude, numerous RAH pilots) succeed in stirring the pot. The F9 pilots and the SWA pilots are cut from the same cloth and share common attitudes and atributes. Most importantly, there is generally a mutual respect for one another. This could be a good deal for both sides going foward if executed properly.

Frontier pilots; Be respectful and let the process play out. You bring a lot to the table including near international operations, a profitable airline operation, a loyal customer base, and a great corporate culture that will meld well with the SWA group. Don't sell yourselves short but at the same time don't be greedy.

At the end of the day most F9 pilots would prefer to stay independent with non-airline investment capital, but absent that, the SWA deal is certainly better for the pilot group than the RAH alternative in terms of their financial and long-term future.

I hope we can break the trend that has been ruining this profession by instead implementing a fair seniority integration in an amicable fashion.

You guys need to really be harping your union to go after a staple, nothing more. Don't mess up a great opportunity. Maybe put a fence around the FOs in the event WN opens a DEN base. If your not familiar with how we get paid...educate yourself...it is 1000X better than how any other place does it. You can do so well and retain a wonderful QOL in the process. These last 4 yrs there have been maybe 2 instances in which I was unable to either trade or ELITT the days off I had to have.

Good luck...you guys and gals are a class act and deserve better than what you've been dealt.

Last edited:
I've got an idea: From now on when anyone wants to bring up the SWA/ATA deal and compare it to the SWA/F9 deal, they must get a note from their lawyer that confirms they have been briefed and understand that there are almost no similarities in the two scenerios.

You're right. There isn't a single similarity is there. :rolleyes: SWA isn't interested in eliminating competition in Denver.

I've got an idea: From now on when anyone wants to bring up the SWA/ATA deal and compare it to the SWA/F9 deal, they must get a note from their lawyer that confirms they have been briefed and understand that there are almost no similarities in the two scenerios. Good? Ok.

No similarities? Lets compare.

SWA wanted gates and to eliminate competition in Midway.
SWA wants gates and to eliminate competition in Denver.

In 2005 ATA was going to be bought by another carrier (America West) and the competition would have continued. SWA found a way to leverage Boeing and kill the deal. After that the came in with the winning bid for ATA in 2005. At that point they put their man John Dennison (former SWA CFO) in charge of ATA and slowly transfered ATA gates and routes to SWA, but none of the crews. Once they got what they wanted they sold ATA to a vulture fund but Dennison remained at the helm and the airline slowly died. then in 2008 when nothing was left SWA came in and bought ATA back and took what was left that they wanted.
Now SWA wants to prevent another carrier from keeping the competition alive in Denver.

But on the other hand ATA was Boeing and Frontier is Airbus. So I guess your right there are no similarities between the airlines.

Latest resources

Back