Frontier pilots vote to SAVE the airline!!

Larcifer

Comfortably Numb
Total Time
Here is a brief and rough overview of what was negotiated.

4yr concessionary contract. Starting at 10% plus no matching 401K. Concessions return to book rates incrementally over the course of the 4 yr contract. Work rules and DC contribution left intact.

If this were to have been voted down the company was poised to take us to an 1113c and let the BK judge do what he may with our contract.

Totally BS. The company pulled the old "we need this to secure financing" play. Our give backs are in no way going to make or break F9. They just took(stole) money from us because they could.

PCL_128

Total Time
5000+
Was the vote close?

SkiFishFly

Total Time
Curious about details

How much have you given back total? What is the DC contribution?
Can anyone post the pay rates now and what they will be in 4 years?

Mostly curious becuase I envision AAI management trying to steal the same or more from us...

contrail67

Total Time
Here is a brief and rough overview of what was negotiated.

4yr concessionary contract. Starting at 10% plus no matching 401K. Concessions return to book rates incrementally over the course of the 4 yr contract. Work rules and DC contribution left intact.

If this were to have been voted down the company was poised to take us to an 1113c and let the BK judge do what he may with our contract.

Totally BS. The company pulled the old "we need this to secure financing" play. Our give backs are in no way going to make or break F9. They just took(stole) money from us because they could.

Same story as NWA,UAL Mesaba, ect...nothing really new here...got to have your threats and the BK barrell to bend you over.

Stifler's Mom

MILF...MILF...MILF
Total Time
Who Needs To Retire?

Have no fear. The new "Age 70 Rule" that is in the works will allow all of to work until the day we drop dead.

Last edited:

Dude

Primer oficial
Total Time
10000+
Sad. Never has a concessionary contract and give backs saved an airline and we are the only instrument management needs to screw us. Pitiful. I feel sorry for Frontier's pilots, but this not going to keep anyone employed any longer.

hockeypilot44

Total Time
We already knew the Frontier pilots will vote for ANY paycut. Management knows this too. They will come back for more. They will keep coming back for more until Frontier pays what a regional pays.

scarlet

Total Time
Yeah Airtran needs ALPA because ALPA is really going to help a 1,500 pilot group vs the majors.

They all Suck!!

reepicheep

Total Time
Don't worry - usair pulled the same "we're liquidating" stunt and it sure turned out fine for their pilots.

m80drvr

Total Time
Don't worry - usair pulled the same "we're liquidating" stunt and it sure turned out fine for their pilots.

USAir went bankrupt two times in three years.

Total Time
If I understand correctly, after the BK filing, F9 pilots took a 14.5% paycut. This new, longer term agreement gives them back 4.5% of that now, and the rest comes back over time.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Britpilot

Gear Lifter
Total Time
Yeah Airtran needs ALPA because ALPA is really going to help a 1,500 pilot group vs the majors.

They all Suck!!
So you think we should stick with the NPA? ALPA gets my vote.

reepicheep

Total Time
USAir went bankrupt two times in three years.
Yes; their pilots now make about half what they used to, they lost their pension, and they labor under BK-style work rules.

And their costs are still the highest in the industry and they appear headed for another BK.

Pay cuts don't work.

yaks

Total Time
8000+
F9 conveniently posted a 2.9 million dollar profit for the month of Dec. and 2.5 mil. operating profit. What a crock.