Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chase

Dear Frontier Pilots,

One of my FOs told me a story from one of his F9 buddies that Frontier's financial health is so dire they have begun asking pilots to put hotel costs for company overnights on their own private credit cards in some instances and will be reimbursed later. The story was that hotels were no longer honoring the F9 contracts as they feared they would not get paid if they went Ch 9 (which would occur if they did go Ch 9).

I tolld him I found that hard to believe and would find this to be a very frustrated F9 FO with a vivid imagination in telling a story out of frustration.

I'm simply asking if any or all of this urban legend has any truth to it? I know things are tough at F9 but would find even this a stretch.

I waved the BS flag to the FO but having seen some strange things in this business, thought I'd ask the question. Thanks in advance for an answer.

This has happened at Colgan. Repeatedly. Ask just about anyone who's been there. They frequently are denied things (gas, too) becasue they haven't paid their bills.

Funny thing is, they're still around.

Wht's chapter 9?

Chase,

Since you know it is BS and you dont believe it, why bring out more negative Sh!t about F9?

Capitalism is at work here. Give it a few more weeks of high oil prices, LOW TICKET PRICES and you dont need your FO to tell you anything, YOUR WISH will come true. SWA will be the KING OF DENVER!

Please dont insult us by your INSINCERE CONCERNS and IGNORANT QUESTIONS.

CYA

Chase,

Since you know it is BS and you dont believe it, why bring out more negative Sh!t about F9?

Capitalism is at work here. Give it a few more weeks of high oil prices, LOW TICKET PRICES and you dont need your FO to tell you anything, YOUR WISH will come true. SWA will be the KING OF DENVER!

Please dont insult us by your INSINCERE CONCERNS and IGNORANT QUESTIONS.

CYA
Don't know much about Chase, do you?

The man has built a business and a reputation on doing the right things with clients, mostly pilots, in preparing for interviews at not only Southwest, but FedEx, UPS, and just about every other Major airline out there.

I've met him, in person, and have even heard first-hand stories where people with his prep didn't get hired and his response was first-class, all the way.

I'll be the first to vouch for his sincerity. No one wants to see another guy hit the deck without a net, lease of all Chase. I know you're angry about what's going on, and rightfully so, but don't direct that anger at someone who honestly is just trying to ask a question to make absolutely certain it's just a bad urban legend...

YMMV :beer:

One-way rates to Anchorage are $260 on any available day without an expiration of travel or blackouts. A 21-day advance purchase required. Valid on Frontier or USAirways.

Frontier prices San Diego at just $69 each way on trips without an expiration of travel. A 10-day advance purchase required. Valid Tuesday, Wednesday

$298 Los Cabos-San Lucas (Frontier) Go Now!

It cost more to mow your lawn than to fly from ATLANTA to San Diego..

all fares are from ATLANTA and were found on www.clarkhoward.com

Independence had problems of that same sort at the very end. Pilots were not asked to pay for the hotels but there was a mass shifting of vendors. A van driver even held some flight cases hostage until paid.

Good luck out there.

Don't know much about Chase, do you?

The man has built a business and a reputation on doing the right things with clients, mostly pilots, in preparing for interviews at not only Southwest, but FedEx, UPS, and just about every other Major airline out there.

I've met him, in person, and have even heard first-hand stories where people with his prep didn't get hired and his response was first-class, all the way.

I'll be the first to vouch for his sincerity. No one wants to see another guy hit the deck without a net, lease of all Chase. I know you're angry about what's going on, and rightfully so, but don't direct that anger at someone who honestly is just trying to ask a question to make absolutely certain it's just a bad urban legend...

YMMV :beer:

Lear,

Capitalism is GOOD! What will happen to F9 is what the markets dictate. I am not angry about the situation. This economy is just balancing out the industry. Or vice versa.

Just let the markets dictate the outcome. This is not a "I want to waive the BS flag" or "where people with his prep didn't get hired and his response was first-class, all the way" situation.

Just let it be, soon SWA will be the new hometown airline!

Guys like Chase does not fool me with their "sincere approach".

"WHO IS JOHN GALT?"

CYA

Latest resources

Back