Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's about two weeks from call to interview, but RICJ41 can probably give a better estimate.

Good luck!

Thanks F9. I was reading a reply to a previous post. The original post made mention of losing money this quarter, furloughing, etc. Did I read wrong that F9 posted a $6.9M profit this quarter (compared to a $2.1M loss this quarter last year)? Maybe that post was from a long time ago or just speculation, but I'm pretty sure the airline made money. Good for them. Also, Frontier's not done much furloughing that I've seen in the past 4 years. I was particularly impressed with the way everyone stepped up and offered voluntary pay cuts to avoid that very situation. On top of that, weren't they paid back? Just the kind of place I want to be and the culture I want to be a part of!

I know there are a lot of bitter pilots out there and sometimes rightfully so, but to make it your mission to make your impressions someone else's is crossing the line. Sorry naysayers, you can't change my opinion. I'm going to keep chasing my dream job with F9 and make the best of my career, wherever it may lead. It's disappointing to see that some of said naysayers flew in the military. You'd think they'd appreciate the opportunity to actually make a difference somewhere instead of being a "number" at a "job".

Whether or not they hire me, I'll always be a HUGE F9 fan. They've taken care of me as a passenger - usually an indication of how they take care of their employees/each other. And no, it wasn't just management; my experience is based on how I've treated by the crew and ticket agents/baggage handlers, etc. Their happiness and contentment shows in the way they treat their customers. It's a choice, but somehow part of the culture. Good on 'em.

M3

We did make money this Q, but expect to lose more than we made next Q :( This is due to the W/X damage to Cancun/Cosumel (sp?) and MSY more than anything.

Last time we furloughed was in the 90's and then only for a short time I think. Pilots voted to take a temporary pay cut after 9/11 rather than furlough anyone.

I'm sure happy here, and think most are. Things are getting better not worse, and this fact eludes some folks who focus only on their pet peve.

Seems to me that the more unhappy a person is the louder/more out spoken they become.

AnimalTale said:
Dude,

Like I said, "if u dont like it"---->LEAVE. Stop your BitChing and moaning. Stop trying to get attention and more importantly stop running to this board like a COWARD.

If u have problems, do something about it. Dont just spew poison on a message board (FAPA/Flightinfo) and expect thing to get down. Sacrafice a day in your miserable life and attend a FAPA meeting and make a change happen.

Better yet let me nominate you as commutting chair!

Also for all you F9 hopefuls. You will see there will be a select handful (count them on 2 hands) that will complain about everything. (ie the Sheraton Suites in San Diego is aweful, or Crew meals are cold or the Airbus sucks) Just ignore them.

Cya

Better yet.....all you 10% leave so I can get an interview. If you thought F9 was bad I can get you an interview at Trans States............LOL THEN you have something to complain about.......tool

Well said M3, you're a great fit for F9. I hope it happens for you.

BTW, I don't think it's wise to post anything about F9 if you have inside info, nor to reveal even partial identities on this board. Those are my personal rules.

Last edited:
crashpad said:
BTW, I don't think it's wise to post anything about F9 if you have inside info, nor is it professional to reveal even partial idintities on this board. Those are my personal rules.

So, you don't think I should give Pete crap anymore for being angry that he was fired? :D

Well put. Can't wait to be living the dream.

M3

crashpad said:
BTW, I don't think it's wise to post anything about F9 if you have inside info, nor is it professional to reveal even partial idintities on this board. Those are my personal rules.

The company issued guidance to "the street" about our expected loss. Not "inside info."

As far as posting a partial identity... Letting ex-nutjetter know that he isn't going to act anonymously and with impunity may keep him from doing something else that could bring harm / negatively impact the Frontier pilot group or Frontier Airlines(without ratting him out to Corp Comm.) Just my personal rule. :beer:

F9 Driver said:
The company issued guidance to "the street" about our expected loss. Not "inside info."

As far as posting a partial identity... Letting ex-nutjetter know that he isn't going to act anonymously and with impunity may keep him from doing something else that could bring harm / negatively impact the Frontier pilot group or Frontier Airlines. Just my personal rule. :beer:

I wasn't referring to your thread about the lose (that's publically released), just my own opinion and fear someone will reveal my secret identity...how could I continue to speak for truth, justice and the American way.
F9 Driver is always professional.

Last edited:
M3,

I posted a quote from last year posted by a negative person at F9. Yaks, was expecting furloughs, and loss of money. I just wanted to let him know to be positive. It is better than pessimism.

By the way, just cause we posted profit doesnt mean we are out of the woods. We will celebrate the profit. And as responsible employees we will do our best to continue to be diligent in our effort to create profits and hire people like you.

Cya

"NO BODY OWES YOU ANYTHING"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back