• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

frontier or virgin america

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That't not what I heard. I heard that supposedly DL removed the E170 flights to and from SLC because they never did get what was advertised with regard to fuel burn. They decided to put them on mostly shorter routes to compete with Airtran instead. Yes, there are still a few long routes (like ATL--to Kingston, Jamaica--with no competition), but overall they now do shorter routes. And, close your mouth when you yawn.

Bye Bye--General Lee

G.L. You're right. When they first started flying these routes, they weren't flown efficiently. After learning (with more experience with a new a/c) how the plane performs, they are flown much more efficient now. Unfortunately, the precedent was set with the beginning numbers. You're info is based on old data.

I believe RAH's 170s flying for Frontier have more than 70 seats in them (72-76?). The extra revenue should more than offset a higher fuel burn.

Go to Frontier. We will hopefully bury the Virgins since we go to ALL their U.S. destinations. Time to throw a little tea party in the San Francisco Bay. Indian paint anyone?:uzi: :smash: :pimp: :beer:

Go to Frontier. We will hopefully bury the Virgins since we go to ALL their U.S. destinations. Time to throw a little tea party in the San Francisco Bay. Indian paint anyone?:uzi: :smash: :pimp: :beer:
I hope you're right....They do need to be squashed before they even start....
Problem is, SIR Richard Branson has deeeeeeeep pockets, and can run this pig at a loss just put a hurting even more so on the us carriers.....<sigh>

Ever heard of "Virgin Cola?" Me neither until I saw a list of some of SIR Branson's flops. Hopefully VA will be another.

"Virgin Cola" sounds like a sure hit to me, it just goes to show how things never happen the way you'd like.

I get such a kick from the latch-key, lanyard-donging, so-called avaition professionals who think they have crystal balls.....and no, there aren't any mispellings in my post.

Frontier is not a 'start-up', not a 'flash-in-the-pants', not an airline anywhere close to the brink of collapse. DON'T use stock price as an indicator of squat .... Midwest Express is conning the market at +$15.00/share!

You want the truth? This whole industry is a big crap shoot. You gotta be man enough to bet big if you wanna win big. I heard plenty of sparky hot shots tell me F9 was a "lateral move" from Air Wisconsin about six years ago. Every new hire is told they will be on reserve and never see Captain by the naysayers.....then, miraculously, they get off reserve and make Captain inside of 5 years (try that at Southwest Fedex United...yeah whatever). My point is, if you can't take a gut check once in your career you will always be mediocre at best.
I really see too many young pups who will never figure it out...it's not about the money, fame or 'da ladies'.
It's about flying, at least for most aviators.

I forgot what this thread is about, damnit!!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back