• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

frontier or virgin america

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Go to Frontier. We will hopefully bury the Virgins since we go to ALL their U.S. destinations. Time to throw a little tea party in the San Francisco Bay. Indian paint anyone?:uzi: :smash: :pimp: :beer:

Why would you want to bury Virgin? Maybe the fact that they pay well below industry standard and have terrible work rules?

Does anybody else find it ironic that a SWA pilot would be wishing for the quick end to Virgin America?

Why would you want to bury Virgin? Maybe the fact that they pay well below industry standard and have terrible work rules?

Does anybody else find it ironic that a SWA pilot would be wishing for the quick end to Virgin America?

What are the work rules at VA? How are they different from others? Does anyone have specifics or is this just wishful guessing?

I'd go to Frontier if you have the chance because I think they will ultimately be merged with another carrier and you will at least have a job.

Let us know how it goes.

I know a couple thousand TWA pilots (and 20,000 other employees) who would disagree with you on that. There are no guarantees you'll keep your job in ANY segment of this business.

I'd take the top of a startup seniority list to the bottom of an established, merger-bait carrier's list any day.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled thread... TC

"Virgin Cola" sounds like a sure hit to me, it just goes to show how things never happen the way you'd like.

I get such a kick from the latch-key, lanyard-donging, so-called avaition professionals who think they have crystal balls.....and no, there aren't any mispellings in my post.

Frontier is not a 'start-up', not a 'flash-in-the-pants', not an airline anywhere close to the brink of collapse. DON'T use stock price as an indicator of squat .... Midwest Express is conning the market at +$15.00/share!

You want the truth? This whole industry is a big crap shoot. You gotta be man enough to bet big if you wanna win big. I heard plenty of sparky hot shots tell me F9 was a "lateral move" from Air Wisconsin about six years ago. Every new hire is told they will be on reserve and never see Captain by the naysayers.....then, miraculously, they get off reserve and make Captain inside of 5 years (try that at Southwest Fedex United...yeah whatever). My point is, if you can't take a gut check once in your career you will always be mediocre at best.
I really see too many young pups who will never figure it out...it's not about the money, fame or 'da ladies'.
It's about flying, at least for most aviators.

I forgot what this thread is about, damnit!!!

sounds like a good post to me.

Go to VA, you'll be the first on the wave of possibly a successful airline. Their pay not be the best but you can always commute and frankly the pay ain't that bad. You'll be making more than most americans and be able to live comfortably. Go for it.

Go to VA, you'll be the first on the wave of possibly a successful airline. Their pay not be the best but you can always commute and frankly the pay ain't that bad. You'll be making more than most americans and be able to live comfortably. Go for it.

This is the mentality that has turned a once great profession into a glorified truck driving job. How little are you truely willing to get paid to fly?

Latest resources

Back