Frontier or JetBlue?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
radarlove said:
How does the pay compare? I mean for the new-hire, who'll get F.O. on the RJ at JBLU vs. right seat in the 319 at Frontier?

Didn't know jetBlue was getting RJ's?

Here we go again.

What are the schedules like at the two? Average days off? That can really make a difference in QOL, especially with a commute. How about reserve call-out? It seems we all make decisions on where to work by just the company financials and how much they pay. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here, but that's just a small part of how we should be making our decisions on where to spend the rest of our careers.

So those of you in the know: tell us some of the highlights of the work rules at the two.

Thanks!

I have to echo RiteSideUp's comments. We interviewed together and F9 is truly a class act. From the CEO to the clothing sales clerk; everyone seemed genuine and happy. Not only that, but they went out of their way to make you feel welcome and get to know you. Their QOL sounds pretty good too - one of the most flexible scheduling policies in the industry, even if you're junior.

I agree with those who mention commuting. I wouldn't have as much fun commuting to any job as living local, so that's something you have to ask yourself. I've heard JB is awesome too and yes, their growth plan is more agressive, etc. It's very tough with the dynamic nature of the industry to make a career choice based on anything other than pure QOL. That and a reasonable look at a company's financials. If a company can compete and thrive (which I believe in) based on customer service, attitude, and sound decision-making at the corporate level, then I believe companies like Frontier, JetBlue and AirTran will all do just fine. If not, I hope to never look back with regrets, because based on what I've seen of F9 I sincerely doubt I will have any.

Best of luck in your endeavors.

M3

Hair-on-Fire said:
huh?

got two guys i have been trying to get on for over two years...they are jet captains with over 8000 hours....5000 PIC....no luck at B6. they still have a great attitude and are waiting patiently...it just seems there are a tremendous amount of folks trying to get on at B6 with over 10K plus apps??? so...easier to go with someone else and get some seniority!

radarlove said:
How does the pay compare? I mean for the new-hire, who'll get F.O. on the RJ at JBLU vs. right seat in the 319 at Frontier?

Also, how long to make left seat at the 'bus for both, for a new-hire?

You won't get the Embraer at Jetblue unless you want it. You actually have a choice.

It's definitely not an RJ. I have flown over 1500 people on the Emb-190 during the last 4 days and have heard nothing but raves about how comfortable the airplane is (And the TV's aren't working yet). The worst comment I have heard is that the PA is waaaaay too loud when the pilots speak on it. It's a great flying airplane and the bugs seem to be getting worked out. It's going to be tough to compete with on our shuttle ops.

No one can predict what's going to happen in 5 or 10 years, so go with your gut and never look back....:beer:

Upgrade.
I think if there is a 'breakout' (new base expansion) an upgrade will follow within a year. The question is "who will be first to make the leap"?
I gotta think F9.

crashpad said:
Upgrade.
I think if there is a 'breakout' (new base expansion) an upgrade will follow within a year. The question is "who will be first to make the leap"?
I gotta think F9.

I can't say much about what F9 is up to, but I'm confident that we will announce a new base within 6 months, and it will be Boston. Of course, I could be totally full of Schlitz.

Latest resources

Back