• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GuppyWN

Tuesday, September 22, 2009, 1:23pm MDT

Report: Frontier jets will fly out of Milwaukee

Denver Business Journal

Five of Frontier Airlines’ jets will fly out of Milwaukee starting in November, and five smaller jets now used by Milwaukee-based Midwest Airlines will be moved to Denver International Airport, according to a news report.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported online Tuesday that the move is part of Republic Airways Holdings Inc.’s efforts to more efficiently operate Frontier and Midwest aircraft.
Indianapolis-based Republic has already acquired Midwest and plans to absorb Denver-based Frontier in early October as part of a plan to bring Frontier out of Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
Republic has told its employees that five 136-seat Frontier Airbus A319 aircraft now based in Denver will start flying in and out of Milwaukee in early November and will be staffed by Frontier flight crews, the Journal Sentinel’s JSOnline reported.
At the same time, five 94- and 99-seat Embraer E190 jets that now carry the Midwest name will operate out of DIA.
The shift is under the umbrella of a code-sharing agreement already entered into by Frontier and Midwest. The agreement allows Frontier to sell tickets on Midwest under a Frontier code and expand its portfolio of destinations to include those flown to by Midwest. Most of those new destinations will be in the Midwestern United States and in Canada.
Republic has been laying off Midwest flight crews, JSOnline said.

[email protected]

This is 10% of the fleet. Is MKE going to be a base or will all trips just pass through MKE?

Not flaming, just curious what you guys think about this and how this is going to play out.

Gup

DEN 190 base is opening in November if they can get enough qualified crews to accept a Nov 1 bid to go there. Wouldn't be surprised to see a F9 base in MKE, but no announcements so far.

DEN 190 base is opening in November if they can get enough qualified crews to accept a Nov 1 bid to go there. Wouldn't be surprised to see a F9 base in MKE, but no announcements so far.

Did they ever announce how many of these 190's are coming, as well as when and where from?

This is 10% of the fleet. Is MKE going to be a base or will all trips just pass through MKE?

Not flaming, just curious what you guys think about this and how this is going to play out.

Gup

Sup Gup,

I believe the best way to describe the pilot group's mood is "cautiously optimistic".

We have all been around long enough to understand that as soon as you expect something to happen or want something to happen, it usually ends up failing miserably or just blowing up in your face.

No one has any idea how this is going to play out considering there will most likely be some sort of SLI battle in the near future.

Sup Gup,

I believe the best way to describe the pilot group's mood is "cautiously optimistic".

Depends on which pilot group you were talking about I guess. How does the Midwest pilot group (or what's left of it) feel about Frontier people coming in and doing their flying?

Depends on which pilot group you were talking about I guess. How does the Midwest pilot group (or what's left of it) feel about Frontier people coming in and doing their flying?

Are you serious!!!! Does that question really need to be asked. I would think it's common knowledge by now. F9 payrates comparable to ours or maybe a few dollars more an hour and by years end all of us are on the street kicking cans!

Its a very sad if you ask any YX crewmember!

Last edited:
Did they ever announce how many of these 190's are coming, as well as when and where from?

Right now 5 190s going to DEN in November in Midwest colors. We're getting 2 190s a month, and I heard the next 4 are going to Frontier. Haven't heard how they will be painted, but my guess is they will be in F9 colors. Still hearing rumors of US Airways 190s headed our way for Midwest/Frontier flying, but nothing definate from the company.

MIDEX Guys -

My heart goes out to you. I know how it feels, as do 1050 of my former colleagues and another 6000 coworkers. Until our seniority is portable (probably never) and the various factions (the "haves" mostly) recognize the strength of a national list we all are screwed.

Latest resources

Back