• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier guys: it's slipping away from you

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are the F9 dudes on this forum happy to see the deal blowing up?

Do you feel your career will be more rewarding at RAH?

Thanks and good luck either way,
Gup

Are u kidding?!? watching this deal blow up is absoutly killing me... It's 3 AM here in DEN & no sleep tonight. This is a NIGHTMARE watching this go down. So to answer your question... NO, Im not happy at all. Something has got to be missing for this to happen. Possibly it's because f9 has to interview???

Not rewarding, considering leaving aviation if it goes to republic. NO DESIRE TO WORK THERE.... Zero. They are going to have sm pissed off pilots if republic wins. What a flippin mess this is turning out to be. Possibly something will change in the morning. We've worked too damn hard to go backwards to a regional. Ughhhh... I'm done

Are u kidding?!? watching this deal blow up is absoutly killing me... It's 3 AM here in DEN & no sleep tonight. This is a NIGHTMARE watching this go down. So to answer your question... NO, Im not happy at all. Something has got to be missing for this to happen. Possibly it's because f9 has to interview???

Not rewarding, considering leaving aviation if it goes to republic. NO DESIRE TO WORK THERE.... Zero. They are going to have sm pissed off pilots if republic wins. What a flippin mess this is turning out to be. Possibly something will change in the morning. We've worked too damn hard to go backwards to a regional. Ughhhh... I'm done

Brother SWAPA would make sure you guys dont have to interview. Half the F9 guys are going to be paid 36 buck an hour at Republic. This deal is stating to look like what happened with Muse Air. SWAPA offered them a good deal, some senior guys got gready and Herb shut them down. I will bet that Herb is telling Gary this is Muse all over. Trust me when I say dont let this slip by you because of a small group of vocal guys. JMO

Last edited:
Actually, had the TA passed, we would have scope language that disallowed all domestic codeshare, but would have allowed Lynx to continue to operate, but get this, pay attention..here it comes, you missed it the first time around...wouldn't allow Lynx or Frontier to grow.

Get that? The TA protected SWAPA from Lynx taking over routes, they would have been capped. Instead, the TA got turned down, we gave the raises back to the company.

The company took 1/3 of our raises that we handed back, and bought (or is buying, who knows) Frontier. There is no cap on domestic codeshare, and no specific cap for Lynx, so they can sell them to Republic and we can watch SWAPA jobs go to the turboprop.

So, yes, turning the TA down was not a stellar deal.

shearedshaft,
one problem with your rosy view of TA1 was the inclusion of AGM in section one, that could have been used as a lever to force us to binding arbitration. then again, Gary and the GO could have structured it just like they did this and maybe it wouldn't have been a factor.
I think we were better off under our current CBA since it defines SWAPA as the sole bargaining unit for pilots flying SWA planes and pax, but honest people can disagree on that.
and we can agree that tubing this deal is better than agreeing to what FAPA was proposing.

firstthird

I never jumped into the Allegheny/Mohawk argument, because it was explained to me that it was put in to protect SWAPA during an acquisition. After reading what you just wrote, I fear you might be correct, I just went back to the TA Q&A and it was ambiguous.

JFC. You still don't get it - Herb is long gone. Labor harmony to Gary Kelly is a minor consideration with all that's going on. Your (fortunately) failed TA was TAILORED to grease the skids for the Frontier deal and if you guys had bit, you'd be looking down the barrel of the SLI gun and would have been lucky to avoid furloughs of SWA pilots, given the loss of F9 aircraft.

I still think a staple would have been acceptable to nearly all of the F9 pilots, but nobody likes having things shoved down their throat by someone with political leverage. Apparently it's all a moot point now.

Anyone who has been in aviation for any length of time knows that today's top dog airline can easily be bankrupt tomorrow. Some goes for the carrier that was on the brink yesterday, tomorrow they might be the place to be.

Whatever keeps Frontier alive in Denver, and keeps anything texas related out, is good for Denver.

Give 'em hell Frontier!

F9 Buff,

Republic really is starting to look like Texas Air all over again is'nt it? Frank was a very bad chapter in aviation history and he was texas related, but then again so was the western half of Colorado.

K

Latest resources

Back