Frontier guys: it's slipping away from you

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AA,

Man I'm trying to be diplomatic here. Work with me!

I love F9. Used to fly for them and I wish NOTHING bad to come of them - as long as my current wife and kids (SWA) doesn't get hurt. I get defensive when you mess with MY family.

I made the sacrifice almost 10 years ago to quit Frontier. I gave up seniority. I gave up security for starting over, once again, at the bottom of SWA's list so I could EARN seniority the old fashioned way - growth and retirements.

This is not a merger. This is a purchase.

Therefore I just don't see why any Frontier pilot, who CHOSE to stay at Frontier at any time or especially when the future started getting cloudy, deserves ONE SINGLE SENIORITY NUMBER ahead of the very last SWA pilot.

Gup

That was diplomatic, and I will do my best to reply in kind.

Why should the very last SWA pilot benefit?

What if FAPA provided an accelerated upgrade and a guarantee never to be furloughed? Would that be enough?

Not even close to the same, Sheared.

I edited it so it makes sense. Midwest guys watched her sing too. They're doing great.

I would take the bird in the hand, but then again, I know what you guys would be missing out on.

We would have f'ed the fat lady in the rear to have a Southwest option.

FEDERAL LAW they can not staple anymore=do some homework!

Sure they can. Frontier pilots agree to a staple, or they agree that the deal shouldn't be done.

The CEO of SWA has stated publically that he won't require SWAPA to deal with arbitration, so good luck to those who think they have some other choice.

It's a date of hire shuffle of the deck. That's the law. Even Southwest isn't above it.

On another note to StaySeated...How are those "accelerated upgrades" going these days?

I have no dog whatsoever in this.

That said it is disheartening to watch the "I got mine" attitude trotted out once again. What a messed up system we operate under where it is considered fair for an experienced Captain to start all over again at the bottom just because he made the grievous mistake of picking the wrong company to work for. This is nothing new it's been the same since the days of Ernest Gann. That doesn't make it right.

It's a date of hire shuffle of the deck. That's the law. Even Southwest isn't above it.

On another note to StaySeated...How are those "accelerated upgrades" going these days?

I understand that you are a total idiot and you have my sympathies.

If SWA adds 40 airframed during a time they were originaly planning on shrinking, upgrades would be "accelerated".

I have no dog whatsoever in this.

That said it is disheartening to watch the "I got mine" attitude trotted out once again. What a messed up system we operate under where it is considered fair for an experienced Captain to start all over again at the bottom just because he made the grievous mistake of picking the wrong company to work for. This is nothing new it's been the same since the days of Ernest Gann. That doesn't make it right.

what is your answer? national list? the stronger carrier gives DOH or relative seniority?

mergers are ugly and pretty much always will be due to the seniority based system under which we operate. I can empathize with your feeling but unless you have a better system, take it easy on your high horse.

what is your answer? national list? the stronger carrier gives DOH or relative seniority?

mergers are ugly and pretty much always will be due to the seniority based system under which we operate. I can empathize with your feeling but unless you have a better system, take it easy on your high horse.

I don't have an answer. Maybe national seniority list I suppose. But ultimately I feel that during a merger some sort of relative seniority is appropriate, stapling is an obvious F-you.

Latest resources

Back