• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier guys: it's slipping away from you

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Morris was stapled. they were 2 years old. SWA was 20 some. some didn't have types or 1000 pic. etc.

there are plenty of arguments in this thread about how 'fair and equitable' can be determined and staple might fit the bill. but I hope we don't find out. arbitrators determine fair and equitable and according to our CEO the deal is off if FAPA & SWAPA can't decide on an SLI before that.

F9 guys, take the Republic deal so you don't have to go to LBB!

Bye Bye--General Lee

GuppyWn, tell us your opinion what should happen to F9 furloughs.

Most of the furloughs had an interview very similar to LUV and had the same experience minus the type rating.

I edited it so it makes sense. Midwest guys watched her sing too. They're doing great.

I would take the bird in the hand, but then again, I know what you guys would be missing out on.

If 94 more of your fellow pilots took the bird in the hand that was offered in your recent TA you would be bending over for a SLI wearing a sandpaper rubber. Fortunately, enough of your pilots had the vision and judgment not to sell out for marginally improved rates and chump change retro.

FEDERAL LAW they can not staple anymore=do some homework!

Jeez, you need to STFU. If you spent only ten minutes reading other posts about this you would know that Kelley has said the deal was dead unless they had a labor agreement in hand. Try lurking more.

I bet SWA doesn't furlough a single pilot from F9 if we go ahead with this. I know they are returning 11 airframes but...I bet Boeing has those 11 737's ready to replace those 11 Airbuses on the SWA side...and guess who flies them. F9 pilots who would come over first. Mark my words...F9 guys will be taken care of if an agreement can be reached. We all worked very hard to get away from Republic, ASA, Mesa, ETC...nothing against the guys there, but we all know those are not the career airlines we all want to work for. SWA takes care of their people, and F9 pilots will be taken care of.

I know F9 people would rather keep everything as is, but that won't happen. Given the options, I would make a deal with SWA any way I could over Republic. The Republic deal seems good on the surface (keep F9 going), but ask Midwest guys how that's turning out for them. SWA management has yet to screw an employee group over...they are good negotiators, fierce competitors, and take advantage of opportunities, yet they have taken care of their internal people too. Republic can't say the same thing.

Agree to an expedited timeline for seniority integration. A period of negotiations, followed by arbitration by a three man panel if necessary with a date certain integrated seniority list that is fair and equitable by either DCC or SOC. Certainly no one should have a problem with a fair and equitable list. It's a fair process, with the goal of a fair list with logic and reason prevailing over emotion and greed.

If 94 more of your fellow pilots took the bird in the hand that was offered in your recent TA you would be bending over for a SLI wearing a sandpaper rubber. Fortunately, enough of your pilots had the vision and judgment not to sell out for marginally improved rates and chump change retro..

Actually, had the TA passed, we would have scope language that disallowed all domestic codeshare, but would have allowed Lynx to continue to operate, but get this, pay attention..here it comes, you missed it the first time around...wouldn't allow Lynx or Frontier to grow.

Get that? The TA protected SWAPA from Lynx taking over routes, they would have been capped. Instead, the TA got turned down, we gave the raises back to the company.

The company took 1/3 of our raises that we handed back, and bought (or is buying, who knows) Frontier. There is no cap on domestic codeshare, and no specific cap for Lynx, so they can sell them to Republic and we can watch SWAPA jobs go to the turboprop.

So, yes, turning the TA down was not a stellar deal.

Here is the word

Fellow Pilots,

Southwest Airlines made SWAPA aware of their intent to withdraw their bid to purchase Frontier Holdings if an agreement between SWAPA and FAPA could not be reached by midnight, EST on the 12th. Tonight SWAPA has reached an impasse with the Frontier Airline Pilots’ Association. Both parties have bargained all evening under a deadline for resolution for midnight (EST). At the deadline, neither party was willing to accept the other’s proposal. Southwest Airlines will petition the bankruptcy court for an extension on the Company’s final bid for Frontier tomorrow morning

Latest resources

Back