Frontier FLL Commuters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ex-nutjeter said:
You have got to be kidding? FLL not as you put it "economically and envriomentally" cheap? you think that Denver is? you must live in the boonies, For one thing from what I saw in Denver is piss poor house builds at 3 times the cost of a similar house built way better in FL. I use to live in FL, Tampa, and had a 3500 sq. ft house that cost me $300,000, try getting that size of a house in Denver for that cost or even close to that cost , and on top of that, FL has no state income tax unlike Denver, heck, I get charged tax for the privilage of working in DEN and I don't even live there, so, I still think that this guy does not need a reason to live where he wants to, but don't harp on FLL just because you think DEN is soo great, which it is not

Ex-nutjeter,

You missed my point. I don't know anything about Denver, and I'm certainly not defending it. If it's anything like Minneapolis, it's horribly overpriced for what is basically a great hilly, dusty praire that might be convienent to some skiing (which is more than MSP has).

What my point is what FLL is even worse.

In the last few years, SoFL is has gotten WAY, WAY out of line. You want something on the water? You start north of $1 million for a shack only fit for demolition. You want a nice 1800 sq ft 3/2 built in 1961, somewhere other than the swamp, and you are going to pay $500-600k with property tax that will more that eat up any savings that no income tax provides.

Anything newer or with more square footage you can forget about unless you are looking to pay $750k upwards.

BTW, have you been back to Tampa lately to price out some real estate? Chances are you couldn't buy back your old house.

BTW, I'm a native of SoFL, so I can say whatever I want about it. I've earned that right.

Nu

ex-nutjeter said:
You have got to be kidding? FLL not as you put it "economically and envriomentally" cheap? you think that Denver is? you must live in the boonies, For one thing from what I saw in Denver is piss poor house builds at 3 times the cost of a similar house built way better in FL. I use to live in FL, Tampa, and had a 3500 sq. ft house that cost me $300,000, try getting that size of a house in Denver for that cost or even close to that cost , and on top of that, FL has no state income tax unlike Denver, heck, I get charged tax for the privilage of working in DEN and I don't even live there, so, I still think that this guy does not need a reason to live where he wants to, but don't harp on FLL just because you think DEN is soo great, which it is not

Calm down, Pete - breathe. In.....now slowly let it out...

Congrats sluggo...now how about my letter of rec;) for that matter, anyone have a letter of rec available for me to get onboard ??????

Denver is GREAT....ok, well south of Denver is GREAT! Prices are pretty out of control here for what you get, i will admit that. Crazy thing is, it is actually cheaper to live in the mountains here than it is in the plains (around the denver metro area). Oh well, you pay for the views i guess...and they are pretty nice.

So again, any recs for me to get my shot at F9?........anyone. I will keep fishing until i get a bite.

By the way, where do most of the F9 guys hang out while on reserve or after a long hard couple of days...maybe i can network a little.

Animaltale,

You wrote: "You should not be on reserve for more than a couple months..."

Please don't give out false info to the new guys. I've been on reserve for almost 18 months and I expect a few more. Where on earth do you get 2 months from??

Timing is everything

As we all know, timing is everything. Someone hired at the start of this hiring wave (as it sounds like Sluggo was) will likely be off reserve in just a few months if the company maintains it's hiring schedule. Some people here have spent just one month on Reserve, so it's not always bad. I was fortunate in this regard too, I suppose.

TooLow said:
Animaltale,

You wrote: "You should not be on reserve for more than a couple months..."

Please don't give out false info to the new guys. I've been on reserve for almost 18 months and I expect a few more. Where on earth do you get 2 months from??

I believe AnimalTale is right for the latest classes - I've been on reserve the same amount of time, but I think the people coming through now won't be on reserve more than a couple of months due to the number of classes planned...timing is everything for you and me...:rolleyes:

NuGuy said:
What my point is what FLL is even worse.

In the last few years, SoFL is has gotten WAY, WAY out of line. You want something on the water? You start north of $1 million for a shack only fit for demolition. You want a nice 1800 sq ft 3/2 built in 1961, somewhere other than the swamp, and you are going to pay $500-600k with property tax that will more that eat up any savings that no income tax provides.

BTW, I'm a native of SoFL, so I can say whatever I want about it. I've earned that right.

This is what I tell folks when they ask why I still have a house near Tucson and my work is in FL. It isn't worth it to me to sell the place and buy one in FL. Renting an apartment is far cheaper and I'm not there all that much anyway.

I also have the same notions about SoCal as you do about FL as I was a native there and lived there the first 35 years of my life.

Latest resources

Back